Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

European pricing and configurator now live

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just ordered in The Netherlands.
Reservation date april 1, 2016. Non-owner, non-employee.
Didn't get the mail from Tesla, but found the configuration button after a refresh on the Tesla site.

Very happy to have ordered! :)
I've got the Tesla Model 3 Long-range AWD with multi-coat red, 19" wheels and black interior.
Total price: 64.120 euro (incuding VAT). Paid 2.000 with my order (and 1.000 in 2016 with the reservation).

It said delivery in february / march 2019.
Same configuration as me. Selling my 2013 Model S for it.

Reactions: Elja Trum
You should look at TCO and not just purchasing prices only. Just listened to a video from a German Tesla owner who literally pays 10% of his former gas bills.
I already calculated it and with the current power prices (25-32ct) I´d barely save 1€ per 100km compared to a Diesel or LPG engine.
Almost zero for maintenance. Costs are lower with the 3 over time than a Gas car.
Company car, doesn`t matter. And I can´t say I can share the experiences of many boardmembers concerning high maintenance costs on older german premium cars. Maybe I´ve just been lucky.

You are making a major mistake even comparing the 3 to 5series or e-Class in terms of driving experience
I drove an S for a year, I know electric driving and while nice it`s not a must-have when you`re used to powerful ICE engines. Currently I`m driving an Audi A8 4.2 and a Merc E350. And I can`t say I`m less satisfied than back when I drove the S or would lack power.
not to mention AP
Can´t use that on 99% of my driving in germany.

Finally think about the carbon impact... which also applies to non EV enthusiasts...
I absolutely don`t care about that.

Wait until you can get the MR and maybe RWD. That should come out in 2019 here in Europe.
Anything but LR is unusable for me with my driving habits.

Last edited:
I´m in germany. I already calculated it and with the current power prices (25-32ct) I´d barely save 1€ per 100km compared to a Diesel or an LPG engine.
Company car, doesn`t matter.

I drove an S for a year, I know electric driving and while nice it`s not a must-have when you`re used to powerful ICE engines. Currently I`m driving an Audi A8 4.2 and a Merc E350. And I can`t say I`m less satisfied than back when I drove the S or would lack power.
Can´t use that on 99% of my driving in germany.

I absolutely don`t care about that.

Anything but LR is unusable for me with my driving habits.

Sorry but I have to say either you try to mislead people by purpose or you are not well informed.

Just 2 points because I do not want to spend that much time on this.

Given the very high gas prices in German the better efficiency of the 3 versus every ICE car and BTW that you do not pay anything for free in the first 6 month to claim you have just 1€ better TCO per 100km is, sorry I have to use that word, ridiculous and is against ever informed statement or fact and calculation.

Another point, you tax and pay 1% of the new sales value of every company car which easily can be 2- 400 € every month (I paid usually € 350) and if you look at the low interest rate you are better of with many EVs even if you buy and finance them versus lease with an another cheap option. Thats a question how much you can pay up front what interest rate you get, what car you choose and other. So sorry but that company car statement makes no sense and I have been using company cars for the majority of my driving live.

EVs are a must have if you want that your children and childrens children have still an environment they can live a happy and healthy life in. There is not a lot that is a must on earth but clean air that you can breathe without getting sick and die is one of them.

I believe I have to pull back from my above statement and say I am rather convinced now that you state wrong information here by purpose. Others tried that before but please realize this forum is well known for testing every posters statement in depth.

Please understand that I do no reply further.

So, thus far, we have Denmark, Germany, Switzerland, Holland, and Ukraine here. Any others?

Anyone configured and waiting in Oslo, Norway? Any VINs?

Yes, Norway is up and running, but not getting VINs yet. Did get RN-number, did get to add referral for 6 months supercharging and did get confirmation.

Still says "Manage" at the car:
Screenshot 2018-12-10 at 12.32.33.png

Reactions: Waiting43
Sorry but I have to say either you try to mislead people by purpose or you are not well informed.
Neither, recheck your own facts pls.

Given the very high gas prices in German the better efficiency of the 3 versus every ICE car and BTW that you do not pay anything for free in the first 6 month to claim you have just 1€ better TCO per 100km is, sorry I have to use that word, ridiculous and is against ever informed statement or fact and calculation.
0,63€/l LPG => 10l/100km 6,3€
1,30€/l Diesel => 7l/100km 9,1€
0,27€/kwh => 25kwh/100km 6,75€

All my cars have been running on LPG since the 2000s and so do my company cars. I gave the 1€ saving only because of the LPG adaption costs.
The only category where an EV is considerably cheaper in fuel is if you switch from a big standard petrol engine.
There you have it, you don`t know what you are talking about.

Another point, you tax and pay 1% of the new sales value of every company car which easily can be 2- 400 € every month (I paid usually € 350) and if you look at the low interest rate you are better of with many EVs even if you buy and finance them versus lease with an another cheap option. Thats a question how much you can pay up front what interest rate you get, what car you choose and other. So sorry but that company car statement makes no sense and I have been using company cars for the majority of my driving live.
Ofc the E class would be more expensive per month but you get a completely different class of car. And for the jump the price difference is neglegible. Or I could simply get a fully stuffed 3 Series or C Class for less!
This is about bang for buck and there the 3 isn`t attractive with the current pricing model if you`re not bent on an EV.
I understand the hype Tesla generated especially when I look at the pricing in the US market, had a Model 3 reservation myself for almost 2 years, but at least here in germany with the massive rebates we get on the german brands the model 3 just doesn`t seem attractive anymore.
LR RWD for ~50k would`ve been okayish, but not forced AWD for 60k.

EVs are a must have if you want that your children and childrens children have still an environment they can live a happy and healthy life in. There is not a lot that is a must on earth but clean air that you can breathe without getting sick and die is one of them.
I don`t care. , also if you want to change something adress the meat and agriculture industry first....

I believe I have to pull back from my above statement and say I am rather convinced now that you state wrong information here by purpose. Others tried that before but please realize this forum is well known for testing every posters statement in depth.

Please understand that I do no reply further.
ofc I understand that. guys like you don`t like it when it people point out that you`re trying to sell your opinion as "facts".

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: avoigt
This thread is about European ordering and configuration (I for example monitor the thread in hopes of seeing the first German configuration ahead of Emails being sent), so please keep this discussion in a separate thread. And posting in a Tesla forum with anti-green messages and saying "I don't care" about the environment is basically trolling. And saying that when people disagree with you is why people ignore whatever else you said.

And posting in a Tesla forum with anti-green messages and saying "I don't care" about the environment is basically trolling.
As if Tesla fans would all only care about the green factor. That must be why the AWD and P models are so popular and people opt to drive 2,5 ton cars with 4s 0-60 instead of smaller Evs from different brands.
I´d dare to say the majority is into it for the performance and novelty factor. The same that got me to get a Model S back then.

But you`re right. We`ve been derailing the thread, sorry.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: avoigt and mutle
Yes, Norway is up and running, but not getting VINs yet. Did get RN-number, did get to add referral for 6 months supercharging and did get confirmation.

Still says "Manage" at the car:
View attachment 359772

Germany is not open for orders yet. Talked to the store Manager Saturday and he confirmed it to happen in the next weeks.

Cant wait :) to order mine!

It's just when you drive at 140 km/h or even faster (unlimited speed on german highways), AP is not available anymore. Driving in Switzerland and France on highways (120 km/h and 130 km/h) and secondary roads, I use AP 90% of the time and love it :)

Most people in Germany I have been in touch with use AP about 80% of time on Autobahns. Speed limits do not allow in many areas to go faster than 140 km/h anyway.

I like driving fast myself but above that 140 level I want to be under control of the car anyway and would not give the control to AP even if it would be legally allowed.

Obviously depends on your situation but the 99% is definitely not correct even not for a single person. So if you don't want to use it thats fine but you can definitely.

Reactions: Arpe and mutle
Really? Autopilot is unavailable on 99% of German roads? Any current German model S owners care to comment on this? This is a weird situation - in most of the US and Europe autopilot is available more than half the time...
It´s not general unavailability,, just that you can`t use AP above ~140km/h and on bidirectional roads.
And that happens to be most of my driving :)

Last edited:
As if Tesla fans would all only care about the green factor. That must be why the AWD and P models are so popular and people opt to drive 2,5 ton cars with 4s 0-60 instead of smaller Evs from different brands.
I´d dare to say the majority is into it for the performance and novelty factor. The same that got me to get a Model S back then.

But you`re right. We`ve been derailing the thread, sorry.
I replaced A8 4.2 eco catastrophe POS with an EV.

It must hurt to see the corrupt industry swimming naked far behind after a glorious but arrogant past.

You are driving 99% of the time above 140km/h ,
if you are unable to comprehend more than one line of text at once and thus only post utter nonsense you should consider not posting at all:rolleyes:

I replaced A8 4.2 eco catastrophe POS with an EV.

It must hurt to see the corrupt industry swimming naked far behind after a glorious but arrogant past.
I don't know what you want to express here, but nice for you I guess?

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: Saimaannorppa