Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

European pricing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got a nice email (though prices are not mentioned):

- Pricing will be released in the next few days
- There will be no difference in EU or US standard equipment or option packages
- Conversion will be: US price to Euro, add transport, import duties, fees and taxes and something extra for business expenses (varies by country)
- Only 60kWh and 80kWh

Furthermore:
- As a current Model S reservation holder, if you complete your configuration and finalize your order within four weeks after receiving your "Invitation to Configure" email, €1,700 (or the local currency equivalent in other countries) will automatically be deducted from the price of your Model S
(pre-VAT). This €1,700 deduction will also apply to anyone who makes a reservation by end of day on December 31, 2012 and configures their car and finalizes their order within four weeks after receiving their "Invitation to Configure".

- European left hand drive deliveries are scheduled to begin in Spring of 2013.

- For those in the U.K., production of right hand drive Model S is planned to begin in late 2013, with final pricing to be announced approximately four to five months prior to the start of deliveries. The same €1,700 (local equivalent in GBP) deduction will apply as long as you have a reservation dated prior to end of day on December 31, 2012 and finalize your order within 4 weeks after receiving your "Invitation to Configure".

Exciting :D

Just got a nice email (though prices are not mentioned):

- Pricing will be released in the next few days

I guess this means that the pricing is delayed. Otherwise they would have sent out an email with the actual pricing...

Still, better than nothing, although it has been VERY quiet from Tesla during the year+ that I have been a reservation holder.

So I hope you can choose the country where you get it. Products sold in switzerland tend to be way more expansive then their german counterparts.

Would be a nice dream, but I don't think this will happen :-/... Think about all the legal things & documents you'll have to get changed

Wir Schweizer bezahlen immer mehr als rund um uns herum *grmpf*

Hi felixtb,

We don't view 3-phase charging as a pricing issue. However, just to clarify, European Model S will have the ability to 3-phase charge.

GeorgeB

That's good. I guess we can assume three-phase charging comes standard, then. We would like some information about the specifications though. We are a few months away from first European deliveries, and I know there are those who would want to know what they are buying before locking in their order.

- Will it support 230V three phase as well as 400V three phase?
- Will it work with various grounding schemes? IT, TN, TT, etc?
- How many amps will it support?

The desire for information is especially present in Norway, because our electricity grid is less homogenous than the rest of Europe. Various regions have their differences, and you will find differences even within neighborhoods.

I think it's good that we have the prices, finally, but the pricing should be followed up with detailed specifications ASAP. February will be too late, IMHO; early January would be better.

- Yggdrasill

Hi felixtb,

We don't view 3-phase charging as a pricing issue. However, just to clarify, European Model S will have the ability to 3-phase charge.

GeorgeB

Thanks for the update.
But the twin charger option does not make sense in the context of 3 phase charging and should be removed to avoid confusion.

Looking at the pricing it looks like separating car from battery for import and assembling in the Netherlands did not help with pricing much. Prices are pretty much what I calculated using car import toll charges.
But currency exchange risks must also matter I assume, which I did not include.

I am very glad we have the pricing but I don't see any information on:
a. winter tyres with wheels sets or even spare sets of wheels on which we can put winter tyres
b. maintenance packages and battery replacement

Would it be possible to know if the US options will also apply in Europe and at what cost ?

I am very glad we have the pricing but I don't see any information on:
a. winter tyres with wheels sets or even spare sets of wheels on which we can put winter tyres
b. maintenance packages and battery replacement

Would it be possible to know if the US options will also apply in Europe and at what cost ?

In the germen version of the swiss version the maintenance seem to be included

Model S Optionen und Preise | Tesla Motors

strangely the german version doesn't have this in.

In the germen version of the swiss version the maintenance seem to be included

Model S Optionen und Preise | Tesla Motors

strangely the german version doesn't have this in.

I just checked the US website Options and Prices and the information isn't there. It seems that the Swiss Germans have something extra in their Xmas stockings :wink:

I guess the rest of us will have to wait for another blog at some time in the future ?

Anyway I asked the question on the Tesla bulletin board although I am not sure we will see an answer as it hasn't been updated since the 3rd.

Hi felixtb,

GeorgeB
Pricing page for tesla norway is a bit confusing. It says the performance model includes "upgraded wheels" while at the same time mentioning 21" wheels as an 22250NOK option.

Is 21" wheels included in the base price for performance model or not for those who already have a reservation?

Pricing page for tesla norway is a bit confusing. It says the performance model includes "upgraded wheels" while at the same time mentioning 21" wheels as an 22250NOK option.

Is 21" wheels included in the base price for performance model or not for those who already have a reservation?
There's also stuff like the Specifications page mentioning "40 kWh battery" as standard and spelling errors galore. Tesla should really do better than run their US page through google translate. A translator only costs a few hundred dollars.