Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

European Road trip (Feb 2022)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I tried adding a secondary card on my Tesla account, but it only accepts one and did not save the previous card details. Tesla charge in the local currency of the charger, so use a card that has no foreign exchange fees.
This will be great if one day we can have more than one card. I have a French bank account and when I paid in France with my French card instead of the British one I save some money. I suppose I will have to set-up the French card in the ferry to France, and when I am back to UK same action with my British card🙄. Better than nothing .

They cost around 2 euro in any French supermarché like Auchan, Carrefour, Leclerc, super U or other. Forgot what can say the law, they can be useful if you have drunk a little bit and you are not sure if you can take the road. This can save your life and Life of other. I have few in my car, never use them, but we never know...
pointless as i don't drink

Reactions: RichardTheKing
Another question, I am living in UK and I spend 4 to 6 month in France. When I will receive my MY next Saturday, I will setup the payment for the supercharger with my British direct debit card. I would like when I am in France Tesla to use my French direct debit card. Is that possible for the Tesla systems to use the UK one when I am in UK and the French one when I am in France?

For things like this I like to use Curve.. you add your cards and always use the same Curve card. You can then shift payments from one card to another at your convenience.

Another question, I am living in UK and I spend 4 to 6 month in France. When I will receive my MY next Saturday, I will setup the payment for the supercharger with my British direct debit card. I would like when I am in France Tesla to use my French direct debit card. Is that possible for the Tesla systems to use the UK one when I am in UK and the French one when I am in France?
Using a French debit card, or Post Office Travel Card with Euros, would eliminate all those transaction charges. How to we get Tesla to enable different cards for different countries?

That's a good point - no they did not - or if they did, it was not sufficient. I read the other posts on this and the owner's manual, which states:

Based on that I did not put any stickers on.

I noticed that there was a significant bias of the lights to the left side, and I kept getting flashed by oncoming drivers - it wasn't a problem on dual carriageways, but happened a few times on single carriageway local roads.
This was my experience last year with the projection headlights too, despite what the manual said. A real pain in the ass.