Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

European SuperCharger rollout updated

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We will be travelling back from Hungary to the Netherlands in about two weeks.
Last time we were here we had the honour of being the first dutch Tesla at the Vienna SuC that opened first of may. We used it the second of may.
It would be nice to repeat this scenario and that we can use the Amstetten SuC and from there use our "normal" route via A3 in Germany without having to make an extra 150 km.

What are the chances?

Chances are slim...
I was there earlier today and they told me one extra suc will open "sometime within a month"
On my way back from budapest, I'll check e-tankstellenfinder.at for a free charge around Linz or Passau, to charge over a meal, so that Regensburg suc is reachable. That site also gives the available Kws.

They also told me that today there are 120 S's in Austria. Sounds few for a couontry with so many charging possibilities.

Chances are slim...
I was there earlier today and they told me one extra suc will open "sometime within a month"
On my way back from budapest, I'll check e-tankstellenfinder.at for a free charge around Linz or Passau, to charge over a meal, so that Regensburg suc is reachable. That site also gives the available Kws.

They also told me that today there are 120 S's in Austria. Sounds few for a couontry with so many charging possibilities.

Thank you very much. I was not so hopeful anymore because by now there should be build an almost complete SuC if there would be an opening soon.

So we will stick to the original plan. From here to Vienna, SuC trip charge, somewhere on the way an hour stop at a 22 kWh station (we have still a month unlimited charging at Smatric), maybe Amstetten, maybe Linz, and from there to our hotel in Hengersberg. Next day via Regensburg home.

I think that next time we will have some more possibilities and soon it will all be as is was for us in the past. The best route for us is the A3 from Köln to Passau. The alternative we had to take (Salzburg) is, although nice scenery, almost 200 km extra.

Was your trip to Budapest ok?

About the number of S's in Austria. I think it is a matter of time, same as Germany. We only see the delivered cars and not what's in the "pipeline". The Model X will also do something in Germany, I think. But we will find out somewhere next year:)

On the other hand we see what happens when there are a lot of S's like in Norway. They now get the second SuC close to Oslo

I assume you had less than 130km range on the battery when getting 500+? You need an almost empty battery to hit the highest numbers. Then the charge rate gets lesser and lesser the more range you have on the battery.

I consistently get 520-540 km (typical range) on SC's in Germany, but that is when I start charging at 80-90 km range left. After that the rate goes down slowly. Since the distance between the SC's is often 200-250 km you can leave after half an hour when the range is 300-350, which is plenty to get to the next SC. Ofcourse you can stay longer and skip a SC, which will be easier as more come online.

I could really use the one North of Paris that's indicated on the Coming Soon map to be available before I go to Normandy in mid August...

I have read somewhere that an SC would go live in Nivelle Belgium next week, can somebody confirm this ? In the same post Namen en Aartselaar (Belgium) was mentioned with no estimate

(Corrected my feedback, i thought to read Nivelle in France but is is Nivelles in Belgium)

Last edited:
I have read somewhere that an SC would go live in Neville France next week, can somebody confirm this ? This would replace the freq. used Froyennes but then a little bit faster :)

In the same post Namen en Aartselaar (Belgium) was mentioned with no estimate

Two questions... Where's Neville? I only get a place by the sea in Normandy coming up when I search... Secondly, what's being replaced at Froyennes?

Sorry if these appear to be dumb-ass questions :tongue: