Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

European SuperCharger rollout updated

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was at Geneva autosalon on Tuesday and they have a huge map of Europe with the Supercharger network now and plans for 2016.
Take it with a grain of salt please.
IMG_20160308_130913.jpg

Is it any different between that one and the one on Tesla website and expect some in Finland?

Looking at the UK ones, that Geneva map claims the one near Gatwick Airport is already open (coming soon on the website map, no known location as the original plan to put one at the Service Center a year ago seemed to have fallen through). Two in Scottish highlands have gone from the Geneva map. Two in the Midlands are clearly shown on the Geneva map and might now be possible to identify - previously markers too tightly packed there on the website map to see what was promised.

Looks like a bit of a slowdown...

last weekend we took the family on a small road trip to Venice and back....... We used the Aosta, Cavaglia Verona and Melegnano superchargers on our round trip so as to not stop at the same place all the time.......partially a BIG mistake! the Chargers in Aosta are well enough situated by a fairly large mall and there are ample of activities to occupy the down time.. but its very much of a truckers place...... The Cavaglia chargers are by a fairly nice hotel but sadly too far away from one of northern italy's best outlet malls one exit further toward Milano on the same highway....? strange placement.... verona is OK but in the middle of an industrial zone... so the only activity close by is sleeping or eating at the partner hotel, a crown victoria business hotel....and then the last but not least we have the chargers in Melegnan...... I am not quite sure who came up with this placement..... but it sure was no one with a family, or....... On arriving, the road was fairly swamped with women selling their bodies. to the point that to stand out, I guess, certain of them were completely nude, there on the side of the road..... Our kids giggled nervously as did we I guess.... We had to stay at the charger for an hour so we tried to have some lunch at a local "steakhouse" where the roadside womens' customers were coming in to eat and bemuse their previous good fortunes..... the setting was today but it felt like the port quarters of an old city during the 1800s........ one might say business was vibrant, but maybe not the kind of business that the average TESLA owner would call their calling in life...... not at this juncture in any case.....

If TESLA do not have better control of where they place their chargers it will limit how different demographics will feel comfortable to use them at all times of the day.....