Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

European SuperCharger rollout updated

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anybody know if Tesla still responds to requests for SpC locations or takes them into account? There's this huge gap in Burgundy that caused me serious difficulties when visiting relatives here in winter. (UMC didn't work with any plugs in the village where I was staying. We would have been stranded had we not been lucky to be within 5km of the only destination charger within a radius of about 60km). The A31 from Nancy to Dijon is also the natural route for travelling from northern Europe to the French Riviera, while the A5 going East-West connects Paris with Basel and Zurich.

Below are just some options for sensible SpC locations. Ideally Langres and Troyes woudl provide the greatest flexibility. It's odd to me that there is such a big hole in the middle of Europe while they've just opened a SpC in Cagnes sur Mer less than 10km from another one.
upload_2017-2-16_15-14-2.png

Problem will be with the neutral.
Tesla-UMC is checking voltage between neutral and ground, if this is too high, the light will be red.

Possible cause is that Neutral (N) and live (F1) are mixed up in the socket - typical in France.
The French-schuko can help; or just a small extention with the wires again swiched may help.

Other cause that there is simply no Neutral (in Norway)
In that case, there is ne way you can charge with the Tesla-UMC. A third party UMC is the solution then.

In Belgium; charging with the Tesla-UMC it is a gamble. It may work, it can be that N and F1 are switched, or that there is no N.

Below are just some options for sensible SpC locations. Ideally Langres and Troyes woudl provide the greatest flexibility. It's odd to me that there is such a big hole in the middle of Europe while they've just opened a SpC in Cagnes sur Mer less than 10km from another one.
View attachment 215084

Same for me, that big hole is a problem for some of my trips. If only one, Langres would be fine !

Reactions: Gerasimental
Apeldoorn (NL) 8 (was 6) Stalls.
Beckenried (CH) 6 (was 4) Stalls
Egerkingen (CH) 10 (was 6) Stalls

Found on Supercharger Europa - Problems
Have you send this information to supercharge.info, it's hard enough for them to keep track on new ones, to keep track on updates of existing ones is even harder. What I can see the two in Switzerland is updated but not the supercharger in Netherlands. I don't want to send email if you already have wish is the reason I ask.