Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

European SuperCharger rollout updated

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone used the SuC's at Bremen yet? I see they're placed in the middle of a retail park and there's only 4, so the risk of ICE-ing must be quite high...

Will be driving to Denmark again tomorrow and was thinking to use them... Otherwise, I'll stick with the Hannover route, although the ones at Kamen had a lot of ICE-ing too, due to all the people going to eat at Connie's Diner...

Hopefully someone here can help me. I am taking a road trip to Italy in June and I am trying to figure out how to get from the last Supercharger in Modena south to Rome, since it doesn't look like there will be any new Superchargers by that time.

Does anyone know if there are hotels in Florence and Rome that have overnight EV charging? Or would it be better to park in Modena and take a train?

Hopefully someone here can help me. I am taking a road trip to Italy in June and I am trying to figure out how to get from the last Supercharger in Modena south to Rome, since it doesn't look like there will be any new Superchargers by that time.

Does anyone know if there are hotels in Florence and Rome that have overnight EV charging? Or would it be better to park in Modena and take a train?

There are plenty ENELDRIVE (32 amps) charging stations around Italy, as well as charging stations at Renault and NISSAN dealerships as well as IKEA. the only issue is getting your hands on an ENELDRIVE card. The Tesla dealership in Milan might be able to help and lend you one. You should also download the NEXT Charge app (goelectricstations dot com), which details all these stations as we'll as most ones around Italy (Free and not).
Getting to Rome should be a breeze, even without SC.

Screen Shot 2015-05-09 at 9.48.44 AM.png

In Florence we staid in Il Salviatino. Top location, on a small mountain. You can see the city perfectly from the terrace. That have a Red and Blue plug (11kW and 7kW) outside, however we had issues with it, and did mange to charge a bit but there were issues with the electricity station. It became hot( I posted this somewhere when I was there in the Dutch section)
I decided to put the car need our room and use the regular 13amp plug in the UMC. They said they would fix the electricity station. We stayed in the room with former greenhouse. Great room and you are able to charge with a extension cable of apr. 15 meters.

There are plenty ENELDRIVE (32 amps) charging stations around Italy, as well as charging stations at Renault and NISSAN dealerships as well as IKEA. the only issue is getting your hands on an ENELDRIVE card. The Tesla dealership in Milan might be able to help and lend you one. You should also download the NEXT Charge app (goelectricstations dot com), which details all these stations as we'll as most ones around Italy (Free and not).
Getting to Rome should be a breeze, even without SC.

Thank you for the information and the app recommendation. Because we will be time-constrained and not familiar with the language or infrastructure, I would probably only be comfortable slow charging at a hotel where I already had a reservation.

In Florence we staid in Il Salviatino. Top location, on a small mountain. You can see the city perfectly from the terrace. That have a Red and Blue plug (11kW and 7kW) outside, however we had issues with it, and did mange to charge a bit but there were issues with the electricity station. It became hot( I posted this somewhere when I was there in the Dutch section)
I decided to put the car need our room and use the regular 13amp plug in the UMC. They said they would fix the electricity station. We stayed in the room with former greenhouse. Great room and you are able to charge with a extension cable of apr. 15 meters.

Thank you, the hotel looks beautiful. Hopefully the problem is fixed as I do not have an extension cable. Now I just need a good charging hotel in Rome.

I can't understand the zero or near to zero SuPerchargers infrastructure in Spain and Italy, these two are country's are very touristic routes. hard to understand that places like Paris, Nantes, Rome, Madrid, Sevilla, Barcelona.. don't have SuPerchargers yet

I can't understand the zero or near to zero SuPerchargers infrastructure in Spain and Italy, these two are country's are very touristic routes. hard to understand that places like Paris, Nantes, Rome, Madrid, Sevilla, Barcelona.. don't have SuPerchargers yet

I would rather see Destination Chargers at hotels in the main cities, and like in France en Route to and from Paris SuC. If you are traveling you need SuC close to the highway, and when you go onto the city, you do not want to go there just to charge.

I would rather see Destination Chargers at hotels in the main cities, and like in France en Route to and from Paris SuC. If you are traveling you need SuC close to the highway, and when you go onto the city, you do not want to go there just to charge.

I guess that's what Inverse meant. There are no SuCs around those cities, or on the way to them from other European countries. Destination charging is the only option in Spain and in Italy (except the North). I am planning a trip to Spain from Norway (and writing a blog about this: http://teslaroadtripeurope.blogspot.com/) and that's exactly what I am planning: charging at hotels.

I guess that's what Inverse meant. There are no SuCs around those cities, or on the way to them from other European countries. Destination charging is the only option in Spain and in Italy (except the North). I am planning a trip to Spain from Norway (and writing a blog about this: http://teslaroadtripeurope.blogspot.com/) and that's exactly what I am planning: charging at hotels.

Well, a few pages ago this issue was discussed allready, and asnwers were given about Spain and Italy, about how and why... So I didnt think Inverse ment it that way... But for the ones having not read it, Spain is extremely slow with permets, and Italy is expending quite ok now. Seems hoew much Southern you go, the slower it goes.

Well, a few pages ago this issue was discussed allready, and asnwers were given about Spain and Italy, about how and why... So I didnt think Inverse ment it that way... But for the ones having not read it, Spain is extremely slow with permets, and Italy is expending quite ok now. Seems hoew much Southern you go, the slower it goes.

I don't know about Italy, but I can say that in Spain it is indeed the government that is making things difficult. Free electricity is something the local political mafias can't bear with, apparently... But this is getting off topic. Sorry. I'll stick to SuC rollout in Europe from now on, I promise. ;)

Hey everyone;

How do you guys find out when the permits are taken, when the construction start etc? I can not wait for the Istanbul SuC to open but other than Tesla posting two job applications at its career site for Istanbul nothing is happening. Those positions are "Service Manager" and "Regional Delivery Manager". They posted them about a couple of months ago and I check Turkish Company Index for company's named Tesla but Turkish Tesla is still not incorporated. How does Tesla's entry into a new country go about usually? What would be the next steps? How far down the line would a store and a service centre be? Any experienced Europeans that went by the same days I am? (i.e. waiting relentlessly...)

The fact that Istanbul is the most eastern SuC for 2015 rollout probably doesn't make things better for us since they wouldn't be in a hurry before connecting the rest of the corridor. Contrary to rest of Europe us Turkish people are not in EU so we can't order Tesla vehicles with breeze (they don't deliver here anyway) because between us and service centres are customs. :(

I anticipate huge demand for Tesla and a second Norway potential. (yes, that much) Would appreciate any tips for hunting Tesla's development in my country. I've been waiting for 3 years now :(

Cheers;

Check for "Roadster". That's what they used in Finland, maybe trying to avoid contacts before being operational. They could also use something else in Turkey, like "Model X Turkey".

Thanks for the heads up but couldn't find one under those names either. In fact, in the Turkish company index there are 111 companies with the name "Tesla" in them so it could be any one of them. Some of them are solar panel companies, some are even called Tesla Energy, some are food companies and ironically enough some are Petrol transport companies :/

I don't think any one of them is real Tesla yet but I don't have much experience.

How did they develop in Finland? How did the process go like? I'm assuming it is very difficult for them as it is an entirely new culture, new language, new laws etc. Very daunting task indeed. Does Finland have service centres / store yet or is it only a supercharger thus far?

Also does anyone know why Spain doesn't have a store, service centre or a Supercharger yet? It is very surprising to me that Spain is one of the countries with no Tesla existence yet. I don't know why Southern Europe is given a lower priority. If I were to assume I'd say it is because of the lack of demand.

When I test drove a P85 in Milan about 5 months ago the sales guy told me demand was extremely low and they've only sold about 100-200 cars because you could buy a Maserati for the same price in Italy and Italian people care for the image Maserati gives to them more than a Model S I guess?

Sorry if I was off topic a bit.

I don't know about Italy, but I can say that in Spain it is indeed the government that is making things difficult. Free electricity is something the local political mafias can't bear with, apparently... But this is getting off topic. Sorry. I'll stick to SuC rollout in Europe from now on, I promise. ;)

Unfortunately Italy's situation has NOTHING to do with Tesla, but rather Italy's infamous bureaucracy. ENEL takes MONTHS to give permits, etc. I always suspected that FIAT has a hand in slowing down things as well, but I am told they have nothing to do with it (I still believe they do). On the other hand Italy has a pretty decent network of charging stations, although, like most countries, you need 5000 different badges to access them!

In a perfect / intelligent / civilized World they would have agreements between providers, just like cell phone companies. It's despicable that there are no meaningful agreements yet.

+1

Weird thing is, on the SuC map from Tesla, the grey "soon" points are not in Finland, but they are under construction as we know now. Croatia and Finland both have some SuC on the "2015" tab...

The SuC situation in Croatia is not good. As far as I know, there is no construction site started, so we cant expect any SuC till the tourist season. But, there are some other charging options. You can check PlugShare - EV Charging Station Map - Find a place to charge your car! and there you would find some options. The most problematic is road from Zagreb to coast (A1) since there are only 2 22kw chargers on the way, but preffered one is in Starigrad Paklenica. On the coast, you can charge in most marinas, since they do have red and blue industrial sockets. The best situation is on north - Istria, most of the chargers are located there and in Zagreb. Road from Zagreb to Belgrade is not covered, and I do agree that the best location is Slavonski Brod (I sent some proposal to Tesla regional SuC manager). You can reach Belgrade from Zagreb (the best is to charge on Ikea thena since it is closest to exit towards Belgrade). And if you need to charge on the way, you may use industrial plugs in the Zdjelarevic vinnery close to Slavonski Brod. But if you need some more info, for Croatia or region - send me a message and I would try to help.

Unfortunately Italy's situation has NOTHING to do with Tesla, but rather Italy's infamous bureaucracy. ENEL takes MONTHS to give permits, etc. I always suspected that FIAT has a hand in slowing down things as well, but I am told they have nothing to do with it (I still believe they do). On the other hand Italy has a pretty decent network of charging stations, although, like most countries, you need 5000 different badges to access them!

In a perfect / intelligent / civilized World they would have agreements between providers, just like cell phone companies. It's despicable that there are no meaningful agreements yet.

news:

"Enel Green Power e Tesla hanno finalizzato ieri, 12 maggio, un accordo per testare l’integrazione dei sistemi stazionari di accumulo di energia Tesla negli impianti eolici e fotovoltaici di Enel Green Power. L’accordo mira ad aumentare la produzione degli impianti della società del gruppo ENEL e a fornire servizi avanzati per una migliore integrazione delleenergie rinnovabili con la rete.Il primo step prevede la selezione di un primo sito pilota per l’installazione di un sistema di accumulo di Tesla da 1,5 MW di potenza e 3 MWh di capacità di stoccaggio.L’accordo rientra in un più ampio 'Memorandum of Understanding' tra le due società, che prevede l’integrazione di sistemi di energia Tesla nel business Enel nello sviluppo della mobilità elettrica, e si colloca inoltre nell’ambito del programma complessivo di sperimentazione di Enel Green Power sui sistemi di storage stazionario, con progetti pilota in fase avanzata di implementazione che coinvolgono altri importanti player mondiali del settore, quali FIAMM, General Electric, Samsung SDI e Toshiba".

Google traslate:
"Enel Green Power and Tesla finalized yesterday, May 12, an agreement to test system integration Tesla stationary energy storage in wind and photovoltaic plants of Enel Green Power. The agreement aims to increase the production plants of the group company ENEL and provide advanced services for better integration of renewable energies with the network.

The first step involves the selection of a first pilot site for the installation of a system of accumulation of Tesla to 1.5 MW of power and 3 MWh of storage capacities.

The agreement is part of a broader 'Memorandum of Understanding' between the two companies, which provides for the integration of energy systems in the Tesla business Enel in the development of electric mobility, and also fits within the overall program of testing Enel Green Power on stationary storage systems, with pilot projects in an advanced stage of implementation involving other major global players in the sector, such as FIAMM, General Electric, Toshiba and Samsung SDI. "

Hope for Supercharger in Firenze and Roma ?? :)

hi take a look at this list of Charging Providers
also if you see any that are missing please add them