Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

European SuperCharger rollout updated

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Germany's coverage is really looking comprehensive. I am really glad to see that, but I am somewhat jealous when I see so many routes in the US still missing key locations, or completely uncovered. Even in California! Oh well, patience is a virtue. :rolleyes:

GSP

It have hapeend much in Germany this last days according to supercharge.info.
Sites under construction:
Gramzow
Ellwangen
Moers

Permitted:
Kaiserslautern

Open:
Bresteland

It seems the summer push has started.
All planned locations can be built now because of better weather conditions.
At least that was de reason that was given as to why so few new locations popped up during the winter months.

I'm very happy at the proliferation of mid-continent European SpCs - we dream about emplacing a Model 3 with family over there to make use of at our liberty.

For fun, I took a look at comparative sizes. The best-endowed countries are Germany and Norway. Each of those is very close to the size of New Mexico - so even southern California doesn't compare to the density of the SpC grid in those two! We've got a long way to go....

Germany have a good coverage, it have also been priarotiezed, because new regultions could make it impossible to build Tesla SC, legal.
Gearmany also has Autobahn where parts of it still have no speed limit.
Driving 170-250km/h realy gets the km and electrons flying, and need shorter distance between SC locations. ;-)
Norway have 8000+ Model S, and SC are quite buissy, since we love to use the car for transportation.

As I've got a S60 and is mostly interested in germany as a country I drive through, I wonder why the density is so much higher in the south of Germany than in the north. Excluding the ridiculous density around Hamburg now. In some ways it seems completely random where they decide to add another charger though I'm not very knowledgable about routes inside and through Germany so if someone could explain it please do.

Cobos

Charging in Tyrol

Why not via St Moritz to St Anton?

There are several opportunities on the route between Irschenberg and Verona, which are completely free. One - a bit early, but anyhow, is in Wörgl on the "Zentralparkplatz" 22KW no card needed, the next one in Innsbruck at "Innsbrucker Kommunalbetriebe", Saluter Strasse 11, 22KW plus Chdaemo. Third is on the Italian side of Brenner pass in Sterzing at a company called "oed" 22KW (during working hours).

There are several opportunities on the route between Irschenberg and Verona, which are completely free. One - a bit early, but anyhow, is in Wörgl on the "Zentralparkplatz" 22KW no card needed, the next one in Innsbruck at "Innsbrucker Kommunalbetriebe", Saluter Strasse 11, 22KW plus Chdaemo. Third is on the Italian side of Brenner pass in Sterzing at a company called "oed" 22KW (during working hours).

Brenner pass SUc is on line

I'm very happy at the proliferation of mid-continent European SpCs - we dream about emplacing a Model 3 with family over there to make use of at our liberty.

I have been thinking about travelling around the US in a Tesla, too - would be real cool to do a vacation basically for free and without feeling guilty for emissions. I thought it would be cool to swap a Model S with someone on the other side of the ocean so you don´t have to rent/buy a car and have yours just standing around! Unfortunately, I don´t have one yet. But maybe we could set up a thread for that, could imagine other people would be willing to do that, too.

For fun, I took a look at comparative sizes. The best-endowed countries are Germany and Norway. Each of those is very close to the size of New Mexico - so even southern California doesn't compare to the density of the SpC grid in those two! We've got a long way to go....

It is true, we are lucky. One part of that is Germany being a central country for other Europeans to travel through, the other that I imagine Elon trying to push the German car industry hard to start producing appealing EVs, too.

This vehicle-swapping is an idea that has come up quite a number of times over the past several years. My wife and I are intensely interested in that, and in our case, it might very well be in conjunction with house-swapping, too (our Alaska home is too remote for this, but our Arizona home is ideal). THIS forum's owner/administrator has had qualms about such occurring within TMC, for understandable reasons - someone may have to set up a quasi-parallel site for this to go forward.

I have been thinking about travelling around the US in a Tesla, too - would be real cool to do a vacation basically for free and without feeling guilty for emissions. I thought it would be cool to swap a Model S with someone on the other side of the ocean so you don´t have to rent/buy a car and have yours just standing around! Unfortunately, I don´t have one yet. But maybe we could set up a thread for that, could imagine other people would be willing to do that, too.

This vehicle-swapping is an idea that has come up quite a number of times over the past several years. My wife and I are intensely interested in that, and in our case, it might very well be in conjunction with house-swapping, too (our Alaska home is too remote for this, but our Arizona home is ideal). THIS forum's owner/administrator has had qualms about such occurring within TMC, for understandable reasons - someone may have to set up a quasi-parallel site for this to go forward.

We recently completed a successful car swap with a fellow TMC member and had an amazing time: Europe-US Model S Exchange?

Spain has now the first Supercharger, they opened it yesterday in the area of Girona! Great news!!

I've checked it on the navigation system, and there it is indeed! I'll go and try it on Saturday :smile:

10410807_10152803744165927_7323680194228755050_n.jpg

According to this press release: http://www.orlen.pl/PL/BiuroPrasowe/Strony/ORLEN-otwiera-si-na-e-tankowanie.aspx

Tesla is in coop with PKN Orlen, largest petrochemical company in Poland to provide supercharging at their petrol stations.
Orlen has stations in Poland (1700), Germany (500) and Czech Republic (330). First charging points will be opened in Germany until end of August on "Star" brand stations in Grimmen and Uckerfelde.

Last edited:
great news!

Let´s hope that it will happen in this year.

According to this press release: http://www.orlen.pl/PL/BiuroPrasowe/Strony/ORLEN-otwiera-si-na-e-tankowanie.aspx

Tesla is in coop with PKN Orlen, largest petrochemical company in Poland to provide supercharging at their petrol stations.
Orlen has stations in Poland (1700), Germany (500) and Czech Republic (330). First charging points will be opened in Germany until end of August on "Star" brand stations in Grimmen and Uckerfelde.

- - - Updated - - -

Loco,
Do You know if there are already known locations for superchargers in Poland.