Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

European SuperCharger rollout updated

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today, construction work was scouted at the Autobahn A2 near Magdeburg, Germany.

google map link: Google Maps

credits go to HorstS!

source: TFF Forum Thema anzeigen - Supercharger in Europa

What is the use of a supercharger so close to Berlin? And so far away from the Dutch border?
This is not of any use for the corridor Amsterdam-Berlin. Hannover would have been much more logic and usefull.
As LuckyLuke said, another one around Osnabrück and Berlin here we come!

Today, construction work was scouted at the Autobahn A2 near Magdeburg, Germany.

file.php?id=3090.jpg

file.php?id=3089.jpg

google map link: Google Maps

credits go to HorstS!

source: TFF Forum Thema anzeigen - Supercharger in Europa
Awesome! Hopefully the Amsterdam <> Berlin corridor is finished in the beginning of June. That's when I have to go there. Would really like to go with my Model S!

I really hope this is the start of a cascade of new SC's popping up in Germany (and the rest of Europe).
Construction of a SC only takes 1 or 2 weeks right? And like last years constructions the crew moves from location to location. Maybe interesting if someone could ask the workers there where they are going next?

My guess is that another Euro Rastpark will be up soon, like on the A2 near Hamm:
http://www.autohof-lippetal.de/dcc/index.php?page_id=4&path=4&xtra=Anfahrt

I really hope this is the start of a cascade of new SC's popping up in Germany (and the rest of Europe).
Construction of a SC only takes 1 or 2 weeks right? And like last years constructions the crew moves from location to location. Maybe interesting if someone could ask the workers there where they are going next?

My guess is that another Euro Rastpark will be up soon, like on the A2 near Hamm:
http://www.autohof-lippetal.de/dcc/index.php?page_id=4&path=4&xtra=Anfahrt
Seems pretty stupid to open that SC at Madgeburg and do nothing else.

So they are probably working on Amsterdam <> Berlin and they will indeed move from location to location.

I'm wondering though, are these 135kW SuperChargers? If so that's good news for when you are the only one, but even better if the SC fully utilized, since there is 30kW extra available per 2 stalls.

Sent an email to the US and EU team today:

Hi guys,

Elon Musk made us a promise in Amsterdam: the information on the Tesla website about the Superchargers in the EU would be more detailed. I.e., more info on WHEN they will be placed. Now it only says ‘by the end of 2014’…. He promised to make this more detailed. Somebody in the audience asked this question because we all want to go on holiday this summer, so it was specifically explained to Elon that we want to know what is going to be available *before* july/august holiday season. He promised to make this information available on the SC-webpage. This has not happened yet, and Elon made this promise 2 months ago.

Holiday planning without this information is kind of impossible. Can we go to the South of France like we mostly do? Or not? Do we have to use the German route to the south (huge detour!).

There are a *lot* of Tesla’s in the Netherlands and the South of France is the number 1 holiday destination for the Dutch, by far.

I think everybody will understand if we can’t drive to France this summer because Tesla cannot deliver in time. But I don’t think Tesla owners will understand if we just don’t know and cannot plan (and book!) our holidays. We already missed one great campsite we wanted to go and had to let go of the last spot available… Really a pity since it is a special campsite for dog owners, where the dogs are allowed to play freely. Sad news for our dog! (she loves the Tesla though, she was always sick in an ICE! Not in the Tesla!).

So please guys, give us some info, and please update the website as promised.
Please also see this thread: European SuperCharger rollout updated

Best regards,

- happy Tesla owner -

Zap75 that was awesome!!! As a european I'm really curious about the roll-out just like everyone else. Maybe it's harder in Europe to get permission...or maybe it just take a little longer? I'm sure that if it was easier to get SCs up and running, Tesla should have deployed many more by this time.