Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

European SuperCharger rollout updated

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They told me I can come anytime to charge there, no problem at all. They have many charge connectors and chargers inside the service centre. Because, whenever possible, they also charge your car while they are working on it. that's really nice of them. The speed is around 80km/h. The thing is that they close at 6PM, so after that you have no place to charge, until the supercharger opens, of course.
Vienna Supercharger is online!
From

Re: Supercharger in Europa

icon_post_target.gifvon teslafahren.at » 1. Mai 2014, 09:01
wien ist online!

bereits erfolgreich von mark vom www.teslaclub.at getestet.

Great news. Thanks for info. I think I might go there to test it today or tomorrow.

And sure I did:
viennasupercharger.jpg

viennasupercharger1.jpg

Within 2-3 months there should be another supercharger at Amstetten, If I've remembered the city correctly. I think I did.

Last edited:
The Hohenwarsleben SuperCharger only has 3 stalls, which is weird since one "charger" powers 2 stalls.

Could it be that Euro Rast is conserving their parking spots? Maybe they thought that 8 stalls were to much?
There appear to be a few superchargers with an odd number of charging stalls. Speculation is that this is indeed because of space constraints.
There are sites with as little as 2 (that appears to be the "mobile" charger - permanent installations appear to start at 3) and as many as 10 charging stalls.

The Hohenwarsleben SuperCharger only has 3 stalls, which is weird since one "charger" powers 2 stalls.

Could it be that Euro Rast is conserving their parking spots? Maybe they thought that 8 stalls were to much?

I think the Tesla website is erroneous. If you look at the pictures from the German TFF forum you see 3 chargers with 6 stalls: TFF Forum Thema anzeigen - Supercharger in Europa

During yesterday's Tesla Club Belgium Event, Tesla reveiled they were looking for Supercharger Locations near Gent and Namur in Belgium. He also mentioned Maastricht, Luxemburg and Lille as future Supercharger locations.

He also explained that most of the work in rolling out the superchargers is the search for locations, and getting the right permits. The actual installation of the supercharger only takes 2-3 weeks.

Last edited:
During yesterday's Tesla Club Belgium Event, Tesla reveiled they were looking for Supercharger Locations near Gent and Namur in Belgium. He also mentioned Maastricht, Luxemburg and Lille as future Supercharger locations
Awesome! Maastricht is a great location to connect Antwerp and Zeeland (Netherlands) to Wilnsdorf :)

During yesterday's Tesla Club Belgium Event, Tesla reveiled they were looking for Supercharger Locations near Gent and Namur in Belgium. He also mentioned Maastricht, Luxemburg and Lille as future Supercharger locations.

He also explained that most of the work in rolling out the superchargers is the search for locations, and getting the right permits. The actual installation of the supercharger only takes 2-3 weeks.

Hummm, the holiday high season is only 7 weeks away now, it's going to be tough for Tesla to stick to their schedule...

Great news, thanks for posting.

There is no video recording of the event?

Awesome! Maastricht is a great location to connect Antwerp and Zeeland (Netherlands) to Wilnsdorf :)

A supercharger in Maastricht would make it possible to visit the Belgium Ardennes for some mountainbiking without the risk of no charging possibilities because of the Belgium neuter-issue. Last weekend in zuid-Limburg I was charging with 5A on a camping site, just enough to get back to the supercharger in Oosterhout. A Supercharger in Maastricht: yes please!