Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

European SuperCharger rollout updated

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think the real problems with the superchargers here in Spain are the laws and the administrative problems to give permissions to Tesla.
There are a lot of political interests on energy resources here in Spain, that is a long term issue.

Regards,

Manana, manana!

I have family just past Puerto Banus and would love to drive down there - my wife and the kids might not be so keen on the road trip.

The permissions might be slow and political but as long as they are honest and cannot be challenged at a future date (I am thinking local town mayors and land deals in recent history).

Tesla has pretty specific markers for the Spain roll-out, so whilst formal permits are not showing there must be discussions and informal agreements with landowners etc.

I think the real problems with the superchargers here in Spain are the laws and the administrative problems to give permissions to Tesla.
There are a lot of political interests on energy resources here in Spain, that is a long term issue.

Regards,
I think it's the lack of selling in Spain that make sure that they don't built there, because why would they built in Spain is nearly knowone is using them? In 2014 they sell 15 Tesla Model S and that's not nearly enough to start building a network of SuC. They maybe would built some for others that drive to Spain on vacation but then it's not neasesry to have them up until Jul/August.

I think it's the lack of selling in Spain that make sure that they don't built there, because why would they built in Spain is nearly knowone is using them? In 2014 they sell 15 Tesla Model S and that's not nearly enough to start building a network of SuC. They maybe would built some for others that drive to Spain on vacation but then it's not neasesry to have them up until Jul/August.

That's a good point. I think the sales in Spain will stay low for quite some time still... I just hope this does not stop or slow down SuC network expansion in Spain

As I said in another post, it could be a chicken and egg problem. No Stores, no SuC no Service Center ... and zero events planned ( according to Events | Tesla Motors ).

Sales in Spain will be only testimonial until some stores & service centers open in the country. Anyway, I don't believe that they are going to put online a dozen of SC this year only for other Europeans to come on vacations. Let's see what happens...

A very reliable source just told me there is ongoing construction on a new supercharger in Slovenia .

Anyone from Slovenia reading this - please help find the site and report back on where it is!!

I am guessing either close to the border towards Zagreb or along A1 close to Kozina (where A1 and E61 meet)

Last edited:
A very reliable source just told me there is ongoing construction on a new supercharger in Slovakia.

Anyone from Slovakia reading this - please help find the site and report back on where it is!!

I am guessing either close to the border towards Zagreb or along A1 close to Kozina (where A1 and E61 meet)

Do you mean Slovakia or Slovenia (two different countries)?

It's almost like all SuC work is on hold until Elon's big press conference later today :rolleyes:

Does anyone have any clue on the progress in Hamburg? 5th April I will be heading to Denmark and as that's a Sunday, the Service Centre ones may not be available...

I think we already discussed this earlier on this thread, but if you jump from Busdorf to Bad Fallingbostel, you have 215 km, so you don't need to stop at the Hamburg SuC :biggrin: