Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

European Supercharger specs to check Tesla traces

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all;

I am digging deep and using all the power good old internet gives me to find out the initiation stages of Tesla Motors in my country.(Turkey) Demand here is immense and I just want to find out as a fan. I'm looking for other countries where Tesla wasn't active before for clues on where to look too but can't find much.(Finland, Slovenia etc. are the ones that come to mind) My final idea is finding out the specs of a Supercharger station as two Superchargers are listed as "Opening Soon" on Tesla's map, and looking for a sign of permit on Tesla's side.

I could use any advice/help at this point. Here are my leads so far;

• They were incorporated as a subsidiary of Tesla Motors Netherlands B.V. 3+ months ago. However the capital they have is the minimum required amount for a Limited Co. in Turkey and the manager for this company seems to be an attorney for Tesla Motors based in California. e-mailed her a few months ago, never got a reply back. My wild guess is they incorporated for law purposes only although their "Incorporation Declaration" states one of the company's line of work as sales and support of vehicles etc.
  • Before the incorporation they had 3 job listings for Turkey. Regional Delivery Manager, Service Manager, Senior Field Support Engineer. None of these positions are up anymore. (in fact nothing is up for Turkey anymore)
  • My guess at this point is they will start with Superchargers before any stores and/or service centers since there are already 40+ Model S' in the country. However even opening one service center will call Turkish people on action to buy.(It won't be risky to buy a Tesla anymore) Because Turkey is not EU you can't simply send it to the nearest EU service center in case something goes wrong. You have to export it(prove thru court that it can't be fixed in Turkey). I think that's the main reason Tesla seems reluctant on the Turkish market despite seeing the demand; different law, language, regulation leading to cumbersome importing. Difficult stuff.
  • One Supercharger was listed for Turkey by the end of 2015 since 2014. None has opened. Now 2 are listed Opening Soon with 9 SuC shown by the end of this year.

I don't know where else to look. I keep checking for job listings, for a change/update in Chamber of Commerce records for this Tesla Motors Sales and Services company. (subsidiary of Tesla NL)
Final idea is to look for Supercharger traces. AFAIK only way for that is finding the place they are having the contract with and that's virtually impossible.(unless they reach out to me) OR if the Supercharger requires say a transformer of some kind and Tesla needs a license from the government for that or for some other technical details I can check government records with, which are open to public to find a trace. That's why I'm here basically. To get an advice on where to look.

Thanks in advance. Cheers;

1) Power.

A SC needs an awful lot of power.
Look for (probably new) installations being able to deliver 0.5 to 1.5 MW (but less if they use a big battery to even out. but even then they will need a sizeable power supply).
This would typically require a local transformer (there could be a visible 6 or 10 kV transmission line (in the air, on poles) leading to the transformer).
The planned positions on the various maps may not have arisen out of thin air, there may have been negociations with power (and other) authorities about such installations ate these positions.
(but I know nothing about turkish administration :)

2) Concrete (!). (this is a long shot).

http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/21267-European-SuperCharger-rollout-updated/page145
(see post 1441).

This SC is being rolled out right now, in Denmark.
The (quite specialized) concrete blocks appears to weigh, like, half a ton each; they are cheap to make and cumbersome to freight long.
I would guess they were made locally (in Denmark there will be several firms you could call, with a drawing, and they would make such blocks for you).

best regards,
Niels