TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

European Timeline

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by ChrisgG, Dec 10, 2012.

1. AustinPowers

AustinPowers Total Smeghead

#21 AustinPowers, Dec 11, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2012
    So sad to see that the German government does absolutely NOTHING to promote EV's, even though they are always talking about how important it is to get as many of them on the roads as possible till 2020.

Oh yeah, five years without road tax are granted (which for many people would mean between 100 and 500 Euros total!)

I asked our local Tesla store manager to keep me informed about when the Model S demo cars currently in Europe would come to our store - never heard anything from him again after the initial confirmation. Tesla must really feel Germany is totally uniteresting a market compared to Norway, the Netherlands et al.

Frustrating to say the least.

2. Robert.Boston

Robert.Boston Model S VIN P01536

My bet, @AustinPowers, is that Germany will begin their EV subsidies shortly before BMW rolls out its new i series.

3. Brian H

Brian H Banned

But not until?

How very cynical of you, Robert! Implying the Deutschland gov't is in the pocket of BMW &/or any other Vaterland manufacturer! The very thought!

:rolleyes:

4. AustinPowers

AustinPowers Total Smeghead

I wouldn't bet on that. Our nice Mrs. Chancellor made it very clear (backed by our finance minister) that she doesn't see incentives as the right way to promote EV's. I'm sure the fact that it would be very costly for the state doesn't weigh into the equation :rolleyes:

Perhaps they will subsidize the industry (quite likely they are doing that already), but certainly prospective buyers will be gladly overlooked.

5. jackie

jackie Member

Looks like you were right http://www.omroepbrabant.nl/?news/1852591193/Europees+distributiecentrum+elektrische+autos+Tesla+Motors+vestigt+in+Tilburg.aspx
    It says that they will be starting a distribution centre in Tilburg.

6. razorblade

razorblade Member

European deliveries

Anyone with more information on the European (continental) deliveries? I ordered a long time ago (as a Roadster owner), but no news so far... Any input welcome here!!

7. widodh

widodh Model S R231 EU