Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EV Autosalon fiberglass spoiler installed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got my EV Autosalon fiberglass spoiler back from the body shop where I had it painted in a metallic black to go on my pearl white MS.

I still need to wait a little while for the clearcoat etc to fully cure before I want to mount it to the car, but I thought I'd show people some pictures from a number of angles, and a walk-around video since still images are sometimes hard to judge. I do really like the look of the spoiler. Although it's thicker than the Tesla spoiler, it does seem to carry the curve of the hatchback up nicely.

Rob has been very communicative through the process. I like the nice touch of his signature on the bottom (I asked the shop to not paint over it). I understand my fiberglass spoiler is the first out the shop. The fitment is excellent: no gaps, no wobbling as it sits on the back (I've not taped it down yet).

Thanks, Rob! Keep up the great work!

2014-01-14 14.34.30.jpg
2014-01-14 14.33.19.jpg
2014-01-14 14.33.25.jpg
2014-01-14 14.33.32.jpg
2014-01-14 14.34.06.jpg
2014-01-14 14.34.18.jpg
2014-01-08 19.15.13.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not a fan of the Duck Bill Look. 1st that upswing just doesn't look right. Also the size is off looks as though it belongs on different car. I have the Tesla OEM Mat finish Carbon Fiber Spoiler and my opinion is it looks better. But I am glad there are more choices in the market place.

I'm not a fan of the Duck Bill Look. 1st that upswing just doesn't look right. Also the size is off looks as though it belongs on different car. I have the Tesla OEM Mat finish Carbon Fiber Spoiler and my opinion is it looks better. But I am glad there are more choices in the market place.
I like the duck bill look, but couldn't put my finger on what I was bothering me with this spoiler shape. I think you're right, it's the leading angle of the spoiler. I'd be interested to see either a shorter or longer version to reduce that angle so that it flows with the hatch's sheetmetal a little better.

Still, quality looks fantastic. Seems like a great part if you like the look! The CF options looks pretty great as well.

I totally agree. I think it looks horrible and detracts from the lines. Especially the angle/upswing. It doesn't look right at all.

Its that curve on the edges. Doesn't follow the natural curve of the trunk. It goes inwards too much. Looks like the letter 'C'. If it had less of a curve to it and it followed hte natural curve of the car on the line without going inwards at the end, it might look better.

And from the back, I think it looks like somebody drew a pencil stash on the back of it, like it doesn't belong there - fake/out of place. Because of the steep curve on the ends, from the rear you can't see it angle down. Its like a sudden thick stop. Not really that smooth spoiler look. It also looks a little too short. Tiny. Like a Hitler mustache or something. Again, because it curves inwards too much and at a steep angle.

I know I'm being critical and all but this is just IMHO. I think it's a shame. Like defacing the MS. :(

- - - Updated - - -

another angle is that it look's someone gave the Model S's spoiler a Collagen Injection.

I am not a fan of the look either. The first and second gen factory spoilers I like but this one looks like it would be advertised on ebay as a universal fit item for $199.00 shipping from China. No offense meant, I just don't think it looks as classy as the car does. I also bet it adds drag.

It's different but I really like it as the spoiler is more aggresive than the stock. It definitely needs to be coupled with a drop and more aggressive wheels to fit the overall personality. The biggest thing for me is to see the aftermarket embrace the Model S.

IMHO - The spoiler doesn't look like the OEM so there is some adjustment to get used to the look.

I talked to one of their prototype engineers at HQ. They revised the spoiler on the Tesla S because at higher speeds, it was actually causing a slight lift in the front. It was hurting rather than helping he said. I presume the 1st and 2nd gen spoilers reduced the angle of attack on the spoiler? I haven't seen the 1st gen.

But with the aftermarket spoiler, there is a pretty steep slope on this one (significantly more than stock) which does probably cause more downforce, but reducing the range slightly from the drag. Looks a bit more aggressive in comparison to the style and flow of the Model S. To each his own. :)