Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EV Car - An Alexa skill for Amazon Echo / Tesla integration

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Getting the car to start heating is my most often used use-case. Smart pre-conditioniang doesn't work for me personally because my time to leave varies quite a bit.

The other often use scenario is to check if the car has been plugged in at night.

Yes, i don't leave at the same time everyday.. just need 5-10 mins before I know Im out the door, Alexa all through my house, can hear me and start it.. done.

I can do the same from my apple watch or my iphone via siri (or from my wife devices). Work from anywhere, not just inside the house ;-)

It's a simple script added to homebridge. Siri can tell me the temperature in the car, tell me if my door are locked (and lock/unlock them if requested), and start/stop HPWC if asked.

I can do the same from my apple watch or my iphone via siri (or from my wife devices). Work from anywhere, not just inside the house ;-)

It's a simple script added to homebridge. Siri can tell me the temperature in the car, tell me if my door are locked (and lock/unlock them if requested), and start/stop HPWC if asked.

can you provide details on how to enable this configuration?

Thanks

can you provide details on how to enable this configuration?

Thanks

You must have a small linux box running in your house, a Raspberry pi or a any other linux installation, always up. Then:
- you install homebridge (less than 5min): GitHub - nfarina/homebridge: HomeKit support for the impatient
- you install the homebridge addon for script: homebridge-script
- you install testlacmd: GitHub - hjespers/teslams: Tesla Model S node.js apps and javascript libraries using Tesla's HTTP interfaces
- you put your tesla credentials in your $HOME/.teslams/config.json (as indicated in the teslacmd homepage)
- you put that config in your homebridge config.json (sorry for my french, replace chauffage by heating, voiture by car, porte by door):

======== (replace alemay by your username) =======
{
"accessory": "Script",
"room": "Voiture",
"name": "Chauffage",
"on": "su - alemay -c '/home/alemay/src/tpoll/bin/heating start'",
"off": "su - alemay -c '/home/alemay/src/tpoll/bin/heating stop'",
"state": "su - alemay -c '/home/alemay/src/tpoll/bin/heating status'",
"fileState": "/home/alemay/src/tpoll/.db/.tesla-heating",
"on_value" : "true",
"exact_match": true
},
{
"name": "Porte",
"on": "su - alemay -c '/home/alemay/src/tpoll/bin/doors lock'",
"off": "su - alemay -c '/home/alemay/src/tpoll/bin/doors unlock'",
"state": "su - alemay -c '/home/alemay/src/tpoll/bin/doors status'",
"fileState": "/home/alemay/src/tpoll/.db/.tesla-locked",
},
=======

My heating script is doing way more than just starting the heating (It is very tightly integrated to my monitoring platform). But as a resume:

============ (script called heating) ============
#!/bin/sh

case $1 in
start)
echo "ON"
RETURN="`/usr/local/bin/teslacmd --climate start 2>&1`"
fi
;;
stop)
echo "OFF"
RETURN="`/usr/local/bin/teslacmd --climate stop 2>&1`"
fi
esac
==================
After that, you will see these new devices available in the apple "home" application. Just assign a new room called "Car" and put them in that room. This way siri know that when you ask if the door is locked in the car, it's not about the home door (that I also have in siri)

• Helpful
Reactions: BLKMDL3
You must have a small linux box running in your house, a Raspberry pi or a any other linux installation, always up. Then:
- you install homebridge (less than 5min): GitHub - nfarina/homebridge: HomeKit support for the impatient
- you install the homebridge addon for script: homebridge-script
- you install testlacmd: GitHub - hjespers/teslams: Tesla Model S node.js apps and javascript libraries using Tesla's HTTP interfaces
- you put your tesla credentials in your $HOME/.teslams/config.json (as indicated in the teslacmd homepage)
- you put that config in your homebridge config.json (sorry for my french, replace chauffage by heating, voiture by car, porte by door):

======== (replace alemay by your username) =======
{
"name": "Chauffage",
"on": "su - alemay -c '/home/alemay/src/tpoll/bin/heating start'",
"off": "su - alemay -c '/home/alemay/src/tpoll/bin/heating stop'",
"state": "su - alemay -c '/home/alemay/src/tpoll/bin/heating status'",
"fileState": "/home/alemay/src/tpoll/.db/.tesla-heating",
},
{
"name": "Porte",
"on": "su - alemay -c '/home/alemay/src/tpoll/bin/doors lock'",
"off": "su - alemay -c '/home/alemay/src/tpoll/bin/doors unlock'",
"state": "su - alemay -c '/home/alemay/src/tpoll/bin/doors status'",
"fileState": "/home/alemay/src/tpoll/.db/.tesla-locked",
},
=======

My heating script is doing way more than just starting the heating (It is very tightly integrated to my monitoring platform). But as a resume:

============ (script called heating) ============
#!/bin/sh

case $1 in
start)
echo "ON"
RETURN="`/usr/local/bin/teslacmd --climate start 2>&1`"
fi
;;
stop)
echo "OFF"
RETURN="`/usr/local/bin/teslacmd --climate stop 2>&1`"
fi
esac
==================
After that, you will see these new devices available in the apple "home" application. Just assign a new room called "Car" and put them in that room. This way siri know that when you ask if the door is locked in the car, it's not about the home door (that I also have in siri)

Thanks!!!