Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EV Car/My Tesla - An Alexa skill for Amazon Echo / Tesla integration

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Boo! I have read through all 10 pages in hopes that the unlock feature was able to be reinstated. It is the one feature I would definitely use and appreciate since, unlike younger people ;), I don't carry my phone around and have to return to the house to retrieve it when I need to get something out of or put something into my car.

Reactions: dgaultiere
I've created an Alexa skill that lets you monitor and control some Tesla functions using an Amazon Echo. You can get charge status, location & climate state. You can also control your car - flash lights, honk, start/stop charging, start/stop climate system and lock/unlock doors. This does not require setting up any servers and does not store the Tesla account credentials anywhere. A token is generated once and is used only by the Alexa services. If you already have a token, you can enter that directly.

To get started, go to your Echo and say "Alexa, enable EV Car". Now go the Alexa app on your phone or Amazon.com Sign In on your browser, click on the "Link Account" link and enter the Tesla account information.

Here's are some things you can say:
ask EV Car how far can I drive
ask EV Car for charge status
ask EV Car for car status
ask EV Car for climate status
tell EV Car to set driver temperature to 72
tell EV Car to set passenger side to 73
tell EV Car to to honk
tell EV Car to flash
tell EV Car to lock/unlock
tell EV Car to turn climate on/off
tell EV Car to start heating
tell EV Car to cool my car
tell EV Car to stop climate
ask EV Car how warm is my car
ask EV Car dude where's my car ask
tell EV Car to get ready to take off
tell EV Car to go into hyperdrive
Hi I’m using google mini, do we have commends for homelink ?

Any chance there has been a change of heart on the door unlock? I ask because the Ford app allows this. Note, it IS an official app and I suspect therein lies the rub :(

Amazon now does allow unlocking but you there needs to be a workflow to setup a PIN first and then use that every time you need to unlock.. That seems a little awkward to use with this skill but I will look into adding support for that in this skill.

@Gol4 Please tag me if you update the app. In the meantime, I went to my service center and bought an additional set of key cards so I could keep one in the garage. I would rather have the Alexa option but this beats going back inside the house to put something in or get something out of my car and had the added benefit of leaving the car unlocked (usually) while it is in the garage.

I wish it had an option to stay unlocked if within home link range but, so far, leaving the spare card on a shelf in the garage has worked very well and allows me to use the automatic exit profile to move the seat up and back for easier exit and easier entrance (especially for taller spouse)

Great App! Thank you!

I am using it with my Google Assistant.

Strange thing, with the Google assistant is that sometimes it recognizes my voice in the app and sometimes it doesnt. Weird.

Anyways, hope this helps me connect in the morning and warm up the interior for these Winter days ahead.

Thanks again,

Vin

I am a full Google home household including one Lenovo Smart Display. Would be really awesome if development could be done to better utilise the screen. Presently there is a basic phonetic read out of the response. would be nice if some controls were added to the response or possibly just display the visual response in a quick to read dashboard. Have included 2 photos, one is the response and one is a response from Harmony when activating the TV to display what 'could' be possible.....
IMG_20190102_142149.jpg

IMG_20190102_144114.jpg

Reactions: Gol4