Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EV Car/My Tesla - An Alexa skill for Amazon Echo / Tesla integration

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
does the app cause any range loss/waking the car when not being used?

how do you get a token ?
The skill is called only when a user asks for it on Alexa so there is nothing running the background that could cause a battery drain.
Someone had posted links to tools that generate a token a couple of pages back. You can always provide your username/password in this app to generate a token for you.

• Informative
Reactions: vickh
Guys, I'm really confused about the list of commands...please help. The "official" list is:

Here's a list of commands:
get charge status
get car status
get climate status
get location
set driver temperature to 72
set passenger side to 73
start charging
stop charging
honk the horn
flash lights
turn climate on
warm up my car
cool my car
turn climate off
stop climate
stop heating
stop cooling
how warm is my car
how cold is my car
dude where's my car
where's my car
get ready to take off
go into hyperdrive
how far can I drive
how far can I go
whats your name
switch cars
set charge limit to 85 percent
start charging to 90 percent
close trunk
close front trunk
close frunk
close boot

However, if I say "warm up my car", Alexa says "Sorry I didn't find a device named car". But if I say "tell my car to start heating", it sets climate. Now I realize this is a free app to use, but does anyone have the correct list of commands that actually work? Thank you.

I installed My Tesla Unofficial. Mixed results. The commands to get status mostly work fine. "honk horn" and "flash lights" are OK. All of those to open the front and rear trunk always result in the climate system being turned on, with that being read back "turning on climate system". There were a few instances of "You have my tesla unofficial enabled, would you like me to open it?" "Yes" and they you can have a dialog without "Alexa, [tell|ask] my car to..." and just give one command after another. Then you can "Cancel" and she says "OK, bye" indicating that the session is closed. However it does not seem possible to explicitly open a session with "Alexa, open my tesla unofficial" despite that being its name (see below) , and that it asks you if you want to open a session by that exact name under some as yet to be determined conditions.

Snap1.jpg

Bob, yes same guy. I think he had done up trying to get the easiest skill name working. He was getting some pushback from someone, it was either Amazon or Tesla. That's been a while.

Good memory. I started with E.V. Car, some people wanted an easier to use name so I tried using My Tesla. That had issues with Trademark infringement. Amazon ultimately approved with invocation name "my car" however when I migrated to Google Assistant, they would not allow the use of the word "Tesla" anywhere.

So right now "E.V. Car" and "My Tesla" are identical. If you have both enabled, the way to use each would be:
E.V.Car: "ask E.V. Car for battery status"
My Tesla: "ask my car for battery status"

I personally just use E.V. Car on both Amazon Echo and Google Assistant so that invocation is same everywhere.

I installed My Tesla Unofficial. Mixed results. The commands to get status mostly work fine. "honk horn" and "flash lights" are OK. All of those to open the front and rear trunk always result in the climate system being turned on, with that being read back "turning on climate system". There were a few instances of "You have my tesla unofficial enabled, would you like me to open it?" "Yes" and they you can have a dialog without "Alexa, [tell|ask] my car to..." and just give one command after another. Then you can "Cancel" and she says "OK, bye" indicating that the session is closed. However it does not seem possible to explicitly open a session with "Alexa, open my tesla unofficial" despite that being its name (see below) , and that it asks you if you want to open a session by that exact name under some as yet to be determined conditions.

View attachment 525696
I just verified again - once the skill is enabled, you can say "open my car" and then issue commands one after another till you say "Cancel".
Or you can do a one shot invocation like "ask my car to open trunk"

I have seen other reviews of people saying that Alexa incorrectly controls climate system when other commands are issued. I can't replicate that myself. Can you send me the exact command issued? Also what car model do you have?

Hi! Been using the Google and Amazon versions of your skill for a while now and love how helpful it is when I'm packing for a trip and I want to bump up charge limit or turn on HVAC or whatever. Thank you!

Every month or so, I find that the token expires, so I follow a list of steps and get it updated. The Alexa skill linking worked fine, but when I tried to search for "EV car" (both with and without quotes) in the Google Explore service (or whatever they're calling it this week, since it seems to move around all the time), I can't find the skill. :(

I looked through recent posts to see if perhaps it was a known issue, but I didn't see anything mentioning it. If I've overlooked something, please say.

Thank you!