TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

EV Car/My Tesla - An Alexa skill for Amazon Echo / Tesla integration

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by Gol4, Jan 24, 2017.

1. megakid

megakid Member

Please can you enable this for worldwide availability? Can't find it anywhere on the Alexa skills 'store' here in the UK

2. andrewket

andrewket Well-Known Member

I can't find "EV car" in the US as a skill. Was it renamed?

+1 for supporting multiple cars on the same account.

3. electric_feel

electric_feel The Electric Baron

Just found about this skill. Hope it comes back to the Echo soon!

4. Gol4

Gol4 Member

Amazon really needs to get their act together on this. Their support process for issues like this is abysmal. I have opened a case but from past experience it takes days before getting any kind of response. I can only hope that they fix this soon.

5. rush6410

rush6410 Member

I was registered before. It is not working. Says skill does not exist.

6. Trailblazer

Trailblazer Member

Same here.

• Like x 1
  7. Gol4

Gol4 Member

Since my logs / stats are showing 0 hits, I assume it isn't working for anyone :(
    Still waiting for Amazon support folks to wake up ...

• Like x 1
  8. BeesKnees

BeesKnees Member

Your work is much appreciated. Thanks.

9. Gol4

Gol4 Member

FYI folks there is still no response from Amazon. Not even an acknowledgement of the issue. I don't know how any serious development happens on this platform. I'm glad I don't do this as my day job :)
    Will post when I have an update.

• Helpful x 2
  10. sdorn

sdorn Director of Awesome

I have the same error. Alexa reports skill does not exist, even though it is still listed in my Skills section in the Alexa app. There is an enable button there, but it doesn't do anything when you push it.

11. RichardD

RichardD Member

Any update? I'd love to try this.

12. Gol4

Gol4 Member

The only update is that I got a message saying that somebody is "going t look into it". This is after sending a message every day for the last one week. Amazon is obviously not being able to scale to the increased use of the Alexa developer platform.

13. RichardD

RichardD Member

I will send them a request too, maybe if enough of us ask they will actually look into it?

14. Gol4

Gol4 Member

Couldn't hurt. Thanks!

BTW I saw a bunch of hits in the logs last night. They went through every single "intent" for the skill so I assume it was part of the testing for the certification. So looks like some progress.

15. Gol4

Gol4 Member

Finally heard back from Amazon. Apparently they are no longer allowing skills that can "operate on car locks or windows". Looks like they are making new rules as they go along. So now we can have skills that can open a house front door but we cannot have a skill that can open a car door o_O And thanks for yanking a product from the store without any notification.

Anyhow, I have updated the skill to disable door lock operation and have re-submitted for certification. Back to waiting...

16. sdorn

sdorn Director of Awesome

They actually don't permit it for door locks on houses either. I have Smart Things and Alexa will only control on/off switches but not door locks or garage doors, etc. You can work around it by creating virtual switches that trigger routines which can do those things, but it is a pain in the butt that you can't just set it up directly. Even with the work around you have to tell Alexa to turn your garage door, etc. on and off rather than saying open or close.

• Informative x 1
  17. alexvirital

alexvirital Member

That's really fracking stupid. Maybe instead of disallowing locks, just require secure devices like HomeKit does. :/

18. Gol4

Gol4 Member

There seem to be some skills that do operate on house doors - ISY, Insteon etc. In any case my priority is to just get the skill back up - it's taken way too long. I'm making whatever changes they want. Yesterday they came back with feedback that a space was missing in the U.K. invocation name! I am seeing evidence of heavy testing in the logs so hopefully everything goes through by this weekend.

• Like x 1
  19. BeesKnees

BeesKnees Member

Thanks for the update. Much appreciated.

20. bward76

bward76 Member

Please keep up the fight. I'm looking forward to finally use this. Let us know if we can help in any way.