Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EV Car/My Tesla - An Alexa skill for Amazon Echo / Tesla integration

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Amazon really needs to get their act together on this. Their support process for issues like this is abysmal. I have opened a case but from past experience it takes days before getting any kind of response. I can only hope that they fix this soon.

It has indeed disappeared from the Amazon Skills page. Seems like a mess up by Amazon. I had submitted a new version which included the English (UK) support. I can only guess that this is due to transition to the new version. I have opened a case and will you updated.

Folks who have already enabled the skill, it continues to work as before.
I was registered before. It is not working. Says skill does not exist.

I have the same error. Alexa reports skill does not exist, even though it is still listed in my Skills section in the Alexa app. There is an enable button there, but it doesn't do anything when you push it.

The only update is that I got a message saying that somebody is "going t look into it". This is after sending a message every day for the last one week. Amazon is obviously not being able to scale to the increased use of the Alexa developer platform.

Finally heard back from Amazon. Apparently they are no longer allowing skills that can "operate on car locks or windows". Looks like they are making new rules as they go along. So now we can have skills that can open a house front door but we cannot have a skill that can open a car door o_O And thanks for yanking a product from the store without any notification.

Anyhow, I have updated the skill to disable door lock operation and have re-submitted for certification. Back to waiting...

Finally heard back from Amazon. Apparently they are no longer allowing skills that can "operate on car locks or windows". Looks like they are making new rules as they go along. So now we can have skills that can open a house front door but we cannot have a skill that can open a car door o_O And thanks for yanking a product from the store without any notification.

Anyhow, I have updated the skill to disable door lock operation and have re-submitted for certification. Back to waiting...

They actually don't permit it for door locks on houses either. I have Smart Things and Alexa will only control on/off switches but not door locks or garage doors, etc. You can work around it by creating virtual switches that trigger routines which can do those things, but it is a pain in the butt that you can't just set it up directly. Even with the work around you have to tell Alexa to turn your garage door, etc. on and off rather than saying open or close.

• Informative
Reactions: BigTaro
There seem to be some skills that do operate on house doors - ISY, Insteon etc. In any case my priority is to just get the skill back up - it's taken way too long. I'm making whatever changes they want. Yesterday they came back with feedback that a space was missing in the U.K. invocation name! I am seeing evidence of heavy testing in the logs so hopefully everything goes through by this weekend.

Reactions: rjcbox