Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EV car-sharing coming to Indianapolis in 2014

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

rabar10

Model 3 >> Focus Electric
Dec 3, 2010
Indianapolis, IN
French-run car sharing service will raise Indy's profile, business leaders say

Excerpts from the article:

"As it stands, the Bolloré Group’s aim for up to 500 plug-in electric cars and 1,200 charging stations — clustered in up to 200 places — would rate as the largest all-electric car sharing service in the United States."

"Since late 2011, Bolloré has run a car-sharing service in Paris and surrounding areas — called Autolib’ — that now includes 1,800 small Bluecars, developed by Bolloré, and nearly 5,000 charging stations clustered at 823 rental Locations."

"In Indianapolis, Bolloré plans to use U.S.-built cars. Two potential choices, a white Nissan LEAF and a blue Ford Focus Electric, were displayed behind the speakers Monday on City Market’s east plaza."

---

Wow, that's ambitious. I love the idea of 200 additional charging locations around town (I'm from Indianapolis), and at least in Paris there was a plan to allow EV owners to share these charging stations with the vehicles dedicated to the program. It would be awesome for visitors to Indy to have this option next to the traditional rental cars in the airport too! I'm not sure how many locals would use the program regularly, but it would make testing out the EV experience much easier too!

Last edited:
I take my volt to Indy from time to time, and make use of the chargers that are there already. Having an additional 200 charge locations would be awesome, especially when I trade in the Volt at the end of its lease and go 100% EV.