Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EV Charger Maps

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, that's an interesting question... most of the Charge Point data contributed to the existing websites was done without any clear licensing.

That is an interesting question. The Coulomb Charge Point sites show up on Google Maps now. If you click "more info" you find out what kind of plugs and current are available. However, I don't see the real time data such as whether or not the plug is already in use, etc. which you can find on Coulombs website. You'd think it would be in Coulomb's interest to provide all that data to everyone.

Separately, how do you safeguard against duplication (i.e. the same charging station reported from different sources)?

doug said:
Separately, how do you safeguard against duplication (i.e. the same charging station reported from different sources)?
When data is submitted to the database it is reviewed by a 'trusted editor' for data quality. We hope to have an editor for each region drawn from the project volunteers just like many other open source projects.

We expect large organisations to have their own editor... so you could imagine that a Charge Point manufacturer would want to upload the data for their hardware.

We hope that the data will be of the upmost quality from day one...

doug said:
You'd think it would be in Coulomb's interest to provide all that data to everyone.
I can't really comment on why Coulomb only export some data to Google... maybe it's an issue with the map or maybe with the data itself.

I can imagine scenarios where companies believe that the data is 'proprietary'. I find this difficult to accept given that most of these networks and databases have been funded by our tax dollars...

how far have you gotten on the project now and when do you expect to see a usable interface for the rest of us?
We are in the final throws of the first formal development release... I fully expect end user apps and websites to start using OCM data in the near future.

I'm happy to report that we have discussed OCM with a number of companies including Google...

Recargo is committed to sharing basic charger location data such as address and charging capabilities. We haven't selected the license for data sharing nor have we released our API to developers yet; I expect that to happen no later than first quarter of 2011. I'm happy to get feedback from everyone here on what path we should take to better serve the community. I don't think we need to agree on data formats right now, what's more important is the pledge to share.
Any progress towards your goal of data sharing? Your export is still limited to very basic location data;

http://www.recargo.com/geositemap.xml

Telsa has recently released a charge station map in Japan. Just got this email yesterday:

Dear Tesla Roadster Owners,

We are writing to you today regarding charging points in Japan. The link below is a map of charging points in Japan that we have confirmed working with the Roadster. It includes High Power Wall Connecter (HPC) points as well as conventional 200V charging points that we have confirmed working for the Roadster. We will be updating the map as soon as other charging points are confirmed. We hope you find it useful on your next drive out.

Please also note that the operating hours and usage conditions may be changed without prior notice. Please kindly check with the properties for details.

Tesla Japan Charging Points - Google Maps

*The locations in blue with the 200V outlet requires Tesla’s Universal Mobile Connector.

How about Canada?
this is a release for developers to review and has little content... we are trying to catch issues before we dump the majority of the data into the database... that said, we will add a lot more US and UK content next week to increase the testing that can be undertaken.

The database is intended to be a global resource and we are looking for volunteers in every country to ensure that we cope with issues such as language and addressing.

Today, I'm not sure how much Canadian data we have... do you have a good local source?