Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EV Charger Question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I currently have an Andersen A2 charger installed at home and by and large it has been great apart from the odd app hiccup however I am due to have solar installed at the beginning of September and the Andersen does not come set up for solar as standard. I have been in touch with them and there is a part that can be added to the unit to enable it to work with solar, the price for this is around £120 plus installation (if stand install) of around £180.
it turns out that they need to clip something to the tails that leave the consumer unit that is in the house and then wire this to the Andersen, without going in to too many details this is not going to be a standard install so can see the price rising considerably.

This brings me to my question, there are chargers out there like the Zappi and Hypervolt that have solar capability as standard so my thinking is that if I was to purchase one of these units mentioned would it possible to uninstall the Andersen and replace it with either a Zappi or Hypervolt without too much hassle? Would I be able to use the existing wiring that is already there for the Andersen?

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• ED56671E-366B-417B-8D3C-9012A81C5C3D.png
    ED56671E-366B-417B-8D3C-9012A81C5C3D.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 160
Just googled it, it's called Harvi
The Harvi is a small box of tricks that creates a wireless connection between the necessary CT clamp(s) and the charge point itself. The alternative is to run an ethernet cable from the CT clamp to the charge point. There are some limitations if there's a particularly long distance and obstacles beween the meter tails location and the charge point because of the range capability of the Harvi/Zappi link.

I currently have an Andersen A2 charger installed at home and by and large it has been great apart from the odd app hiccup however I am due to have solar installed at the beginning of September and the Andersen does not come set up for solar as standard. I have been in touch with them and there is a part that can be added to the unit to enable it to work with solar, the price for this is around £120 plus installation (if stand install) of around £180.
it turns out that they need to clip something to the tails that leave the consumer unit that is in the house and then wire this to the Andersen, without going in to too many details this is not going to be a standard install so can see the price rising considerably.

This brings me to my question, there are chargers out there like the Zappi and Hypervolt that have solar capability as standard so my thinking is that if I was to purchase one of these units mentioned would it possible to uninstall the Andersen and replace it with either a Zappi or Hypervolt without too much hassle? Would I be able to use the existing wiring that is already there for the Andersen?

Thanks in advance
It would be possible, but would likely be more expensive than just paying for the upgrade to your Andersen, and probably a lot less hassle.