Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EV chargers in Sydney increasing??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good morning all,
Hope this post is not to long and i can seek some good clarification.

With the new partnerships such as Evie - AMPOL / HUNGRY JACKS and the NSW incentives - how soon do you think we will start seeing the big roll out of fast chargers?
I regularly check most apps - chargefox, Evie, plugshare, jolt etc but don’t really see many new sites opening up.

I am about to receive my RWD and am a tad concerned about chargers in and around Sydney. I regularly do trips from Sydney to Wollongong ‘ Blacktown and will need a quick top up some days.

So my question is how soon do you think we will start to see a big roll out of the above chargers?

Jolt just announced 5 new sites. So, I suspect slowly we will see more charge points available.

I normally complete round trips twice per week between Wollongong and Sydney CBD without re-charge (just under 40% battery usage for the round trip).

Worst I have done is Wollongong -> Sydney CBD -> Shellharbour -> Wollongong in one day and still came home above 20% battery remaining.

Jolt just announced 5 new sites. So, I suspect slowly we will see more charge points available.

I normally complete round trips twice per week between Wollongong and Sydney CBD without re-charge (just under 40% battery usage for the round trip).

Worst I have done is Wollongong -> Sydney CBD -> Shellharbour -> Wollongong in one day and still came home above 20% battery remaining.
Thats great news from Jolt, have they released locations?

Worst I have done is Wollongong -> Sydney CBD -> Shellharbour -> Wollongong in one day and still came home above 20% battery remaining
Actually just got an email from them.

Thats great range to be honest. I bet Autopilot helped a lot with that driving?

Check the last few pages here - there are new Evie chargers popping up all the time, mostly in Sydney and Melbourne at the moment - Evie EV charging networks

That's only a tiny fraction of the ones coming over the next couple of years. This map shows what to expect.

Talking of Sydney specifically, there's also been 3x Western Sydney University campus fast chargers appear recently. Not sure about public access on those though.

Reactions: moa999
Last 6 months has probably been the biggest expansion we've seen in Sydney.

5 2x Evie sites (Arena funded)
6 Jolt sites
4 UWS sites

Most of the remaining Arena sites should come in the next 12-18 months, and we've got the NSW Govt funding as well, and Jolt has a lot of potential funding.

Plus another two supercharger sites on the coming soon list.