TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

EV charging around Fredricksburg TX

Discussion in 'Model 3: Battery & Charging' started by walkman05, Dec 30, 2019.

1. walkman05

walkman05 New Member

Hi I wanted to take my model 3 from Austin to Enchanted Rock Tx this weekend. I just wanted to check if anyone has experienced any difficulties considering there is no super chargers around? Also any help planning my trip will be appreciated. The distance from my place to Enchanted rock is 95miles and I have a SR+ (250mileS)

Thanks,
    Satish

2. SW2Fiddler

SW2Fiddler We Are Cognitive Dissidents

There's a free, Chargepoint-networked J1772 in Kerrville (across from the tasty café Grape Juice) and a $2/hour charger in Fredericksburg on a funky one-off the MobileNOW network.

3. brkaus

brkaus Well-Known Member

Check plug share. In addition to above, there are a few wineries that have charging, but need to call about hours of operation. There are also a few in the Bee Cave area if your close but not close enough, depending on which way you head back into town.

Plan with abetterrouteplanner.com and then see how you are doing along the route.

Best bet would be to watch speed carefully.

• Helpful x 1
  4. ewoodrick

ewoodrick Well-Known Member

Plugshare.com
    Check the score of the chargers and also look at the time and status of drivers comments.

5. firebird8302

firebird8302 Member

Barron Creek Vineyard on 290 has free charging (I think 4 spots) - up to 45 mi/hr depending on the # cars

Alexander Vineyard on 290 has 1 free charging spot - 45 mi/hr

Downtown Fredricksburg has a couple public chargers for a fee. You'll need your adapter and need to download an app for the charger payment.

You may be able to plug into a 14-50 outlet at the State Park too.

6. Kirby64

Kirby64 Member

As others have stated, download Plugshare. The winerys outside of Fredricksburg are you best bet. Some of them have Tesla chargers or 80A Clipper Creek chargers, so they should be the fastest. Plus you can get some wine while you wait :)

7. brkaus

brkaus Well-Known Member

Enchanted rock doesn't have any RV power or hookups.

8. JGard

JGard Member

I just made the trip last week. LR RWD on aero 18s. Charged to 90% before leaving, detoured through Johnson City on the way home and got home with plenty of battery to spare. No destination charging needed

9. Rottenapplr

Rottenapplr Member

You should be ok if you charge to 100%. Drive conservatively on the way there. On the way back it’ll tell you if you have enough charge to get back. I think you’ll be ok. Or long are you staying at enchanted rock?

10. kavyboy

kavyboy Active Member

I've done the trip in my S70 with 240 miles range (100%) from Houston, staying at the Johnson City Best Western destination charger. We had no problems, though we were running a little bit low by the time we hit Austin. Staying close by helped us get in the park since, at least that time of year, it fills up. We were the last car into the park - the ranger was setting down cones as we approached and moved one aside as he waved us in.