Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EV charging around Fredricksburg TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi I wanted to take my model 3 from Austin to Enchanted Rock Tx this weekend. I just wanted to check if anyone has experienced any difficulties considering there is no super chargers around? Also any help planning my trip will be appreciated. The distance from my place to Enchanted rock is 95miles and I have a SR+ (250mileS)

Thanks,
Satish

Check plug share. In addition to above, there are a few wineries that have charging, but need to call about hours of operation. There are also a few in the Bee Cave area if your close but not close enough, depending on which way you head back into town.

Plan with abetterrouteplanner.com and then see how you are doing along the route.

Best bet would be to watch speed carefully.

• Helpful
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
Barron Creek Vineyard on 290 has free charging (I think 4 spots) - up to 45 mi/hr depending on the # cars

Alexander Vineyard on 290 has 1 free charging spot - 45 mi/hr

Downtown Fredricksburg has a couple public chargers for a fee. You'll need your adapter and need to download an app for the charger payment.

You may be able to plug into a 14-50 outlet at the State Park too.

As others have stated, download Plugshare. The winerys outside of Fredricksburg are you best bet. Some of them have Tesla chargers or 80A Clipper Creek chargers, so they should be the fastest. Plus you can get some wine while you wait :)

I've done the trip in my S70 with 240 miles range (100%) from Houston, staying at the Johnson City Best Western destination charger. We had no problems, though we were running a little bit low by the time we hit Austin. Staying close by helped us get in the park since, at least that time of year, it fills up. We were the last car into the park - the ranger was setting down cones as we approached and moved one aside as he waved us in.