TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

EV charging coming to The Outlets at Orange

Discussion in 'California' started by Electronman, May 15, 2019.

1. Electronman

Electronman Member

Another charging site under construction nearby this one at The Outlets At Orange. I have pics that I took, but waiting for privileges to start a new post. Unless any of you know how to do that (trying to figure out this app). The construction guy I talked to said it’s only 4 chargers. 2 Tesla and 2 of another type, it looks like Ionity to me. They are in really big wooden crates and there’s 7 work trucks constructing it now off of Metropolitan Dr. He said they are installing a step-down transformer now.

Attached Files:

• Like x 1
  2. miimura

miimura Active Member

That equipment looks like Electrify America. However, The Outlets At Orange is not a "coming soon" site according to the EA web site. The closest sites identified are Walmart stores in Anaheim and Santa Ana.

Mods can move your post to a new thread if it actually is a Tesla Supercharger site. Right now, I don't see any Tesla equipment in your pictures. More likely, there are 4 EA fast chargers and maybe two L2 charging stations. It may not be Tesla at all.

• Like x 1
  3. SilverSp33d3r

SilverSp33d3r Member

Maybe One of the first V3 stations?

4. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

The outlets already have a chademo/ccs combo by the Starbucks has been there many years ..what side r these new ones on ?

5. Mr. PlugShare

Mr. PlugShare Mr. PlugShare

Electrify usually installs their chargers at malls in addition to ones that already exist, for example 50kw EVgo chargers or other brands. Usually, they are on opposite sides of a mall.

• Informative x 1
  6. Electronman

Electronman Member

The construction guy told me they will be done in 2 weeks.

7. SilverSp33d3r

SilverSp33d3r Member

Drove by today...looked like more than 4 chargers but definitely Electrify America. One crate was open and it shows the “square” commonly seen on top of the EA stalls. Only time will tell if tesla is participating in the install; however based on the equipment containers on site I don’t think so.

If tesla is involved that’s good news as it can help accelerate the increase in Superchargers and shows they are working at the main goal of transitioning to sustainable transportation.

8. Electronman

Electronman Member

Can I get some credit for this find? Can it be added to the map? Yes it looked like today I could see about 7 more spots available (wooden outlines where the pbc pipe is and where the concrete is poured) in addition to the 4 I mentioned earlier. The approximate address is next to the underground tunnel off of Metropolitan. According to google, Google Maps

3726 w Metropolitan Dr, Orange, Ca

9. Electronman

Electronman Member

Metropolitan Drive by the underground tunnel. This is a perfect spot, the 22 w freeway off ramp and on ramp is right there, probably a minute from the freeway to the charging parking spot.

10. Electronman

Electronman Member

Which is also nearby the other current chargers lol

• Funny x 1
  11. Electronman

Electronman Member

Same side

12. SilverSp33d3r

SilverSp33d3r Member

Drove by today EA chargers are done but it looks like Tesla is also installing chargers here.

13. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

Urban chargers ?

14. Mr. PlugShare

Pics?

15. SilverSp33d3r

SilverSp33d3r Member

Didn’t have a chance to get pics. Tesla equipment was still in shipping container. I’ll try and get by tomorrow for pics.

16. Mr. PlugShare

So how do you know it was Tesla?

17. SilverSp33d3r

SilverSp33d3r Member

I don’t. And I spoke too soon because I’m not sure there will be any additional chargers installed.

• Funny x 1