Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EV charging coming to The Outlets at Orange

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Another charging site under construction nearby this one at The Outlets At Orange. I have pics that I took, but waiting for privileges to start a new post. Unless any of you know how to do that (trying to figure out this app). The construction guy I talked to said it’s only 4 chargers. 2 Tesla and 2 of another type, it looks like Ionity to me. They are in really big wooden crates and there’s 7 work trucks constructing it now off of Metropolitan Dr. He said they are installing a step-down transformer now.

Attachments

• 72932926-3DC8-4C1B-B8FD-FC4FDAA74B1E.jpeg
    72932926-3DC8-4C1B-B8FD-FC4FDAA74B1E.jpeg
    472.4 KB · Views: 123
  • 6241915E-210F-43E8-BF2A-35CECC589E39.jpeg
    6241915E-210F-43E8-BF2A-35CECC589E39.jpeg
    355.2 KB · Views: 89
  • 20EBABD1-473B-4965-8D8D-BC9789D43664.jpeg
    20EBABD1-473B-4965-8D8D-BC9789D43664.jpeg
    710.2 KB · Views: 84
  • Informative
Reactions: phaheem and MarcoRP
That equipment looks like Electrify America. However, The Outlets At Orange is not a "coming soon" site according to the EA web site. The closest sites identified are Walmart stores in Anaheim and Santa Ana.

Mods can move your post to a new thread if it actually is a Tesla Supercharger site. Right now, I don't see any Tesla equipment in your pictures. More likely, there are 4 EA fast chargers and maybe two L2 charging stations. It may not be Tesla at all.

Reactions: mociaf9
The outlets already have a chademo/ccs combo by the Starbucks has been there many years ..what side r these new ones on ?
Electrify usually installs their chargers at malls in addition to ones that already exist, for example 50kw EVgo chargers or other brands. Usually, they are on opposite sides of a mall.

• Informative
Reactions: P85_DA
That equipment looks like Electrify America. However, The Outlets At Orange is not a "coming soon" site according to the EA web site. The closest sites identified are Walmart stores in Anaheim and Santa Ana.

Mods can move your post to a new thread if it actually is a Tesla Supercharger site. Right now, I don't see any Tesla equipment in your pictures. More likely, there are 4 EA fast chargers and maybe two L2 charging stations. It may not be Tesla at all.
The construction guy told me they will be done in 2 weeks.

Drove by today...looked like more than 4 chargers but definitely Electrify America. One crate was open and it shows the “square” commonly seen on top of the EA stalls. Only time will tell if tesla is participating in the install; however based on the equipment containers on site I don’t think so.

If tesla is involved that’s good news as it can help accelerate the increase in Superchargers and shows they are working at the main goal of transitioning to sustainable transportation.

Can I get some credit for this find? Can it be added to the map? Yes it looked like today I could see about 7 more spots available (wooden outlines where the pbc pipe is and where the concrete is poured) in addition to the 4 I mentioned earlier. The approximate address is next to the underground tunnel off of Metropolitan. According to google, Google Maps

3726 w Metropolitan Dr, Orange, Ca