TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

EV Charging for Work

Discussion in 'Supercharging & Charging Infrastructure' started by Alset Srotom, Oct 6, 2019.

1. Alset Srotom

Alset Srotom Member

I want to pitch to my work about getting a destination charger. What costs does Tesla cover for this? Just the price if the charger, or do they cover the installation as well? Can other EVs use these chargers via adapter?

2. ChadS

ChadS Last tank of gas: March 2009. EV miles: 254,000

I have heard of places where Tesla only provided the chargers, and the host had to install them. I have heard of other places where Tesla covered everything. It probably partly depends on how helpful they think a charger at your location would be; your workplace would have to contact Tesla to find out.

There is a 3rd-party adapter available that allows other EVs to charge at a Tesla Destination Charger. But at some locations Tesla donates a J1772 charger in addition to their own charger. Again, it probably depends on the importance of the location.

• Like x 1
  3. brkaus

brkaus Well-Known Member

Charging Partners | Tesla

Short on details. I believe the program has been cut back from the early days. Now that more charging exists it isn’t as important for Tesla to fund it.

4. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

I’m not sure they cover anything (now?) for a private company where it’s not accessible to the public. Did they ever?

5. Feathermerchan

So does your employer offer free gasoline to employees?
    I didn't think so.
    This free charging thing is only temporary.

6. ewoodrick

ewoodrick Active Member

If you want everyone to have access, install a J-1772. Teslas are only good for Teslas.