Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EV charging megastations for apartment owners.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We've got an off-airport parking garage where the inside parking has one wall with probably 50 120V 20A plugs along the wall. No extra charge

Remember, that ANY time that you bill for something, it has a significant cost. It can cost more to bill than to charge. It's much cheaper to just add a few dollars to the HOA or rent to cover flat rate charging. Maybe just a special parking sticker is needed.
I think that's so true. Just make assigned parking, or use EVSEs that can be activated by key fob only to start charging and only hand them out to people paying $100/month for a 120/20. That'll cover most people's needs and is least a step in the right direction. Or have a bank of 120/20's for $75 and a bank of 240/20's for $150, or whatever. Sure, 240/50's would be nice, but aren't necessary for everyone.

Reactions: cleverscreenam
I think that's so true. Just make assigned parking, or use EVSEs that can be activated by key fob only to start charging and only hand them out to people paying $100/month for a 120/20. That'll cover most people's needs and is least a step in the right direction. Or have a bank of 120/20's for $75 and a bank of 240/20's for $150, or whatever. Sure, 240/50's would be nice, but aren't necessary for everyone.

At 7 cent winter rates, for120V * 16A @12 hours per day for 30 days, it's only about $50. I think my Georgia rate are close to the same as Alabama ones.
That's about 80 miles per day in range added.

Reactions: DblOSmith