TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

EV charging station photoshoot

Discussion in 'EVents' started by Dmspeno, Jun 14, 2013.

1. Dmspeno

Dmspeno New Member

Hello fellow Model S owners, my name is Dominic Speno, I am the owner and operator of the Best Western Villa Del Lago Inn on the I -5 freeway at the entrance to the city of Patterson,Ca where I have installed 6 level 2 chargers for your convenience and use.

On Wednesday July 17 at 8:00 am we will be having a photo shoot featuring our six (6) ev chargers. I would like to invite any tesla owners to drive their cars to the site so your car can be photographed for use in our updated website.
    For taking part in this activity, I would like to offer the first 5 tesla owners to reply to this post a 50 percent discount off of our regular room rate by checking in at the hotel on July 16.

I am extremely pleased to have installed these charging stations for use by EV owners and want to introduce this great location to all of the ev community. Your help in becoming a part of my website will help me in this endeavor.
    Sincerely,
    Dominic Speno

P.S. you may view the hotel at its current website Patterson CA Hotel - Best Western Plus Villa Del Lago

2. jpasqua

jpasqua P19325

Hi Dominic, I'm not in the area so I can't attend, but thank you for installing the chargers.

3. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

Hi Dominic. Welcome to the forum, and it's great that you're in for 6 chargers!

Two quick questions:
    1. Can you give us more information on the chargers? J1772? How many amps and what voltage?
    2. When do you expect (some of) this information to be on your website? I expected to see it under "Accommodations".

4. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

Nice placement Dominic.

Recargo http://www.recargo.com/sites/3068 has you as a Chargepoint station. What have you updated to? You should update that page and other apps as well. Assuming the plugs are J1772 type, how many amps and Volts per station? (The term Level 2 has been somewhat murky of late.)

By the way. This may help Tesla Roadster owners too. The 101 has always been the best SF/LA/SF/LA route for them.

5. Lloyd

Lloyd Active Member

If you installed any that are 70 amps, I will get up early and miss 1/2 day of work for your shoot.

6. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

Bummer that you're not doing it sooner. For those of us coming from out-of-state to TesLive that weekend, it would be fun stopping by your place on the way back on Monday July 15.

7. stevezzzz

stevezzzz R;SigS;P85D;SigX

The photo shoot's on the 17th; that doesn't mean the chargers won't be functional earlier.

8. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

Right, I meant the photo shoot part. Easy way to get a lot of Tesla owner participation is to have the event while out-of-staters are already there for another event.

9. augkuo

augkuo Member

Chargepoint shows that they are 30A - sorry!

It might be fun to take the 130 from Patterson up Mt Hamilton back to the bay area though....hmmm ;)

10. MichaelS

MichaelS Member

Mr. Speno,
    Thank you for being such a strong supporter of EV's and to have that many charging stations.

We will definitely keep you in mind next time we are in the area.

Interesting that the street your establishment is on is the same as your name.

11. augkuo

augkuo Member

How about a canyon run after the photoshoot? It would have been prettier in the spring - ~4000 ft elevation change so it should be doable with a full charge.

patterson.JPG