Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EV Comparison: Tesla Model 3 Versus Chevy Bolt

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is a significant segment of people who just absolutely, positively hate sedans, and all the other advantages in the world that the Model 3 can have will not overcome the Bolt's upright seating position. It is what it is. Tesla will own the world with the Model Y, if they can get it right and get it into production.

Then there is the service question. Regardless of the actual or perceived quality of Tesla vehicles and service, the fact remains that there are only 74 service centers in North America, and a large number of those are in CA. I'm fortunate that despite living in the boonies, I happen to be within reasonable-ish distance of one of them (that covers customers in 5 states!) but I wouldn't have bought a Model 3 if I weren't - and many, many people aren't. Mobile service is great, but I wouldn't predicate a $50k purchase on that and I'm pretty high on the fanboy scale. Whereas you can throw a rock most places and hit a Chevy dealership.

I don't really get the cargo space argument though - I test drove a Bolt, and the cargo area is TINY. I get that it's slightly larger if are able to stack your items exactly to the roof, and better if you need to transport certain items that won't fit through the trunk opening, but it's too small for even a real grocery run for a family, unless you're going to pile your bags on top of each other. The Model 3 cargo space is much more practical and usable, IMO.