Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EV Component Contest - Help needed.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been selected as a finalist out of 1000 applicants in an Electric Vehicle Component Giveaway and needs your vote to win. Go to Contest site and scroll down to Dave Hrivnak, click on Vote and fill out a short form.

The downside if I win is I will likley sell the Tesla to finance the project and the Tesla has been a lot of fun :crying:. Anyway I have the opportunity to receive $20,000 worth of batteries and other components needed to build an electric vehicle. The only hitch is I have to share the project with others. The sponsor EVTV (EVTV Motor Verks | Electric Car Conversion Videos) is a weekly internet show that shows how to build electric vehicles. I will be featured on the show on August 5th.

I have converted my 2004 Avalanche and 2005 Prius into plug-in electric hybrids and last summer converted a 1997 Jeep Wrangler into an all electric drive with Leslie Grossman of the Knoxville Electric Vehicle Association. To see more about these projects and our solar home see www.hrivnak.com This spring I was able to get a used Roadster and have had a ball showing it off at MANY functions. But being an engineer it would be nice to have something I built myself. Part of the reason for getting a Roadster was to see how to do a conversion right and I must say Tesla did MANY things right.

Last edited: