Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EV-CPO.com CPO Consolidator support thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
(I moved my reply here from the general CPO thread, since it's more of an EV-CPO question)

The last several AP cars I looked at both had "DA02 Autopilot Convenience Features" and "DCF0 Autopilot Convenience Features." Do AP cars always have DA02 and DCF0?

If I were searching for/alerting on AP with + suspension, would I want PX01 + DA02 + DCF0?

It's inconsistent, for sure. Looking at all sold and unsold cars:

9 cars have DCF0 but not DA02
3 cars have DA02 but not DCF0
1624 cars have both

But option codes TP02 and TP03 also indicate Autopilot.

TP02 Tech Package with Autopilot
TP03 Autopilot Convenience Features

If I were searching for/alerting on AP with + suspension, would I want PX01 + DA02 + DCF0?

If you're looking for a P85D+, I think you can safely assume they are all AP enabled. If you're looking for a P85+ that has AP, those are very rare and I doubt we'll see many (any) of those show up as Preowned in the future.

Also, if you're setting up EV-CPO alerts, you can alert on AP as an individual alert criteria, and then PX01 as an option alert. That will cover all bases.

Reactions: tga
Dear Hank, any idea why now there is not even the "CPO" option shown on your site, only "Inv" can be selected even after I login. Is it that Tesla took ALL the CPO offers off their website? Or is there a different reason? Really hoping that replenishing will now finally start again. My "Elon" package was kind of useless so far, at least since february :confused:

I know what the rest of you know... there are no CPOs listed.

We've been hearing for weeks that a flood of CPOs are going to be listed online "any day now"... and we're still waiting. Latest word posted today that there will be CPOs listed tonight.

As soon as any CPOs are listed in quantity, I'll be sure to alert everyone, if others don't beat me to it first.

Very quick note of thanks for the site. EV-CPO is very useful. It's annoying that Tesla doesn't make this kind of reporting available to the public. I'm sure they have it internally.

They don't. The system they use internally is terrible. Hank's is far better. This is coming from a CPO advisor. I joked about how such an advanced tech car company could have such a terrible inventory system for CPO's.. The response was something to the effect of "I think all our engineers are busy working on car systems, and don't have a moment to spare to make our inventory systems useable."

Feedback: Please add Midnight Silver Metallic paint to differentiate it from Grey Metallic, if indeed they are different colors, which they appear to be. The former may be very dark and almost black. The latter may be more of a medium grey.

Having the correct paint color labels is pretty important.

Last edited:
They don't. The system they use internally is terrible. Hank's is far better. This is coming from a CPO advisor. I joked about how such an advanced tech car company could have such a terrible inventory system for CPO's.. The response was something to the effect of "I think all our engineers are busy working on car systems, and don't have a moment to spare to make our inventory systems useable."
That's silly. Telsa surely has web site engineers. If not enough, then they may need more resources.

BTW, off topic, but can you confirm Grey Metallic is not currently available on the Model S Design Studio? It's almost a deal breaker for me. (I can't find a CPO or lot/demo/inventory car with the right combination of features and colors.)

That's silly. Telsa surely has web site engineers. If not enough, then they may need more resources.

That's kind of the response I had, but apparently it is the case. They have all the information about cars, but it's spread out on multiple pages that the CPO advisors must flip back and forth from to get a full picture of what's available.

If I recall Hank was in touch with Tesla for a bit about something when he launched the ev-cpo site, but it was never fully explained. :cool:

That's silly. Tesla surely has web site engineers. If not enough, then they may need more resources.

Yup. The teams that build cars are different from the team(s) that builds the website. I asked, and was told that the CPO site was developed internally (as opposed to outsourced). So they have web development folks on staff. They could build what I did, but they haven't, although they also tell me that a revamped CPO site is in the works.

BTW, off topic, but can you confirm Grey Metallic is not currently available on the Model S Design Studio? It's almost a deal breaker for me. (I can't find a CPO or lot/demo/inventory car with the right combination of features and colors.)

There are 10 CPOs with Grey Metallic..(mostly early cars). what other color combinations are you looking for?

If I recall Hank was in touch with Tesla for a bit about something when he launched the ev-cpo site, but it was never fully explained. :cool:

They asked if I was interested in working with their web team to incorporate some/many/all of the features of EV-CPO into their platform (I was). A month or two later they got back to me and said they were going to "utilize internal resources" instead. That was almost a year ago.

There are 10 CPOs with Grey Metallic..(mostly early cars). what other color combinations are you looking for?
My other favorite colors are Silver and Titanium. The former is a bit too light and the latter is a bit too dark and brown for me. Will need to take a closer look at them at the dealer.

Also have somewhat odd feature combinations wanted: I prefer the metal roof and 19 inch wheels. The former seem really scarce in inventory and CPO, and Silver is also rare. Tesla seems to be cranking out a lot of Titanium and Pano these days.

I've driven lots of sporty cars in the past and want 19s for better wear, comfort and highway cruising (for AutoPilot road trips). Sport sedans are a bit of an oxymoron and can get compromised away from comfort pretty easily by trying to turn them into something they're not: pseudo-racers.

P.S. Thanks much for adding the Midnight Silver Metallic category! Friendly suggestion: see if you can automatically detect and add new colors as they appear on the Tesla site. Paint color is a category that will always exist; no danger of it going away. More scalable. :)

Yup. The teams that build cars are different from the team(s) that builds the website. I asked, and was told that the CPO site was developed internally (as opposed to outsourced). So they have web development folks on staff. They could build what I did, but they haven't, although they also tell me that a revamped CPO site is in the works.

They asked if I was interested in working with their web team to incorporate some/many/all of the features of EV-CPO into their platform (I was). A month or two later they got back to me and said they were going to "utilize internal resources" instead. That was almost a year ago.
Not to make excuses for Tesla but:

1. They probably do have more resources working on the cars. If so, that's a somewhat reasonable priority. Cars are their actual product. While a web site is a very important interface to the public, the cars should have top priority.

2. CPO and even Inventory cars may be at a lower priority than getting new cars built. The latter is a key measurement of success. The former is more of a courtesy to customers; important, but not as important to the (financial) success of the company as new production. And we all want the company to succeed financially if it's to survive to keep making cars.

3. Like many Silicon Valley companies, Tesla probably operates essentially in start up mode, or at least I hope they do. That means they're all really busy, and it's a challenge for them to keep up with all the things going on. It's also hard to get their attention because they're probably very focussed on really essential stuff that keeps popping up. To really keep their attention, you'd probably need to pound on the door every day. Either they'd listen or de-prioritize.

So while improving their web site is important, it's probably not as important as some of their other priorities.

OTOH you've built a very cool, useful site, that they didn't have time to do yet. That's cool too, in a different way. :)

Not to make excuses for Tesla but:

1. They probably do have more resources working on the cars. If so, that's a somewhat reasonable priority. Cars are their actual product. While a web site is a very important interface to the public, the cars should have top priority.

2. CPO and even Inventory cars may be at a lower priority than getting new cars built. The latter is a key measurement of success. The former is more of a courtesy to customers; important, but not as important to the (financial) success of the company as new production. And we all want the company to succeed financially if it's to survive to keep making cars.

3. Like many Silicon Valley companies, Tesla probably operates essentially in start up mode, or at least I hope they do. That means they're all really busy, and it's a challenge for them to keep up with all the things going on. It's also hard to get their attention because they're probably very focussed on really essential stuff that keeps popping up. To really keep their attention, you'd probably need to pound on the door every day. Either they'd listen or de-prioritize.

So while improving their web site is important, it's probably not as important as some of their other priorities.

OTOH you've built a very cool, useful site, that they didn't have time to do yet. That's cool too, in a different way. :)

I agree with most of what you said in terms of priorities, etc.. my original post really wasn't about mission critical priorities. I was just saying that the team that does the website work, most likely is not the same people that build cars or write the software/firmware for cars. I see each groups as mostly independent workflows, departments, teams, etc.

So sure, when Tesla updates the MS Design Studio, or introduces the new MX Design Studio, or other modifications to the site in order to sell more cars, that certainly takes priority. But in-between those times, I don't think we see a lot of changes to the public facing website (what are those human resources doing?). I've sent in several requests to link up the ESA I bought at a service center to the MyTesla page, and they still haven't fixed that bug (a lot of people have mentioned this).

So I don't think re-prioritizing the web dev resources has any real affect on the car building resources (except as noted when big changes are released).