Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EV-CPO.com CPO Consolidator support thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Cyclone already did answer -- no, there are no option codes for 3G vs. LTE.

But with that attitude, would you want any work done on your car, ever? The lifetime trip odo reset could have been a result of something entirely unrelated to the LTE upgrade, and it was just one isolated case. Also, again, it's not like it bricked the car or changed the performance or fit or finish of the car. A resetable trip odometer was inadvertently reset. I'd hardly call that any kind of significant issue or problem related to the LTE upgrade. Seriously?

I'm 100% sure that you'll never find any repair, retrofit, upgrade, or even regular service item that has had a lifetime over the entire Tesla fleet of "zero" issues or problems related to it. That just seems an extreme position to take over something hundreds (or thousands) of people done, and there have been "non-zero" reports of problems. "Non-zero" is an extremely high hurdle to hit, if not impossible.

I'm not sure why this is escalating or why you talk down to paying customers but I'll try one more time to defend a legitimate feature question in your support thread.

Cyclone is not the developer. You are. Your answer matters.

I never suggested the upgrade bricked the car. I said there were issues that made it not worth it to me. I'm allowed to have an opinion. The benefit of Lte is not worth that to me. I've done plenty of other retrofit work on my cars where the trade off was worth it to me. In this case it is not. And in order to defend my question why I didn't want to just deal with it after purchase, I explained why m. Not sure why that entitles you to unilaterally determine my attitude and call me chicken little.

• Disagree
Reactions: SmartElectric
The simple answer is there is no option code for LTE (I pointed Hank to the description of the option codes I found way back when, and he has since greatly improved upon that). The only surefire way to have LTE and know it wasn't a retrofit is to get a 2016 Model S. 2015 could be from the factory that way, but yo wouldn't be able to determine that easily before or after purchase (since Tesla won't release prior service history to you).

Personally, I live in an area where AT&T HSPA+ (Tesla's 3G) is more than enough for my needs. This isn't original HSPA (original 3G), but HSPA+ (enhanced 3G, later marketed as 4G but not LTE). So for me, I just wouldn't care which one a car had.

BTW, Jeff, while Tesla does not disclose service history of the car to the new owner, I would ask the Owner Advisor to look into whether the screen had ever been replaced under warranty. If for any reason the screen was replaced (even if not b/c of the LTE retrofit), the dash would have been opened up. If that is something you must avoid, I would make sure to have the OA look into it for any car you decide to purchase - even a new one.

Reactions: HankLloydRight
I try to keep the table width friendly for most monitors/devices, so adding another date field would definitely push that limit even higher.. But there's also the Days on Market value which is just the difference between date added and date removed, so I don't think it's too hard to back out the date added from the DOM value, without the need to add another wide date column.

Tesla just released an updated Preowned website with more filtering and sorting than they had before (although not quite as extensive as EV-CPO), and they changed the links to each car to use the entire VIN and not just the last 6 digits, so it's going to take me some time to revamp EV-CPO to work again. Unfortunately I'm at TMC Connect today, Bonnie's party tomorrow, and a Fremont factory tour on Monday, so I'm not sure I can fix it all on the road, but I'll try.

So in the mean time, many things on EV-CPO probably won't be working just quite right. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Ok, Tesla made a number of internal changes to their CPO site, and now EV-CPO is working again, although not at 100%.

Tesla also has removed all of their inventory cars from their Preowned site, and now it is only listing true CPOs, and EV-CPO now reflects this.

There are a few outstanding issues on EV-CPO which I'll fix when I get back on Tuesday. There's only so much I can do on a macbook air from my hotel room. But at least for now it seems to be working for US CPO cars listed on Tesla's site.

Ok, Tesla made a number of internal changes to their CPO site, and now EV-CPO is working again, although not at 100%.

Tesla also has removed all of their inventory cars from their Preowned site, and now it is only listing true CPOs, and EV-CPO now reflects this.

There are a few outstanding issues on EV-CPO which I'll fix when I get back on Tuesday. There's only so much I can do on a macbook air from my hotel room. But at least for now it seems to be working for US CPO cars listed on Tesla's site.

@HankLloydRight,

Thanks for the quick work! We appreciate it!

Ski

Is this really true? I seem to be seeing inventory cars still?

Buy a new Tesla today | Tesla
Yes, Tesla has now split off inventory cars from CPOs. I have not yet integrated that new page into EV-CPO.com. I'll do that as soon as I return from TMC Connect weekend in Tuesday. While I'm here, I'm going to Fremont for a factory tour tomorrow.