Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EV-CPO.com CPO Consolidator support thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I assume the answer is no, but wanted to ask:

Are there any S60 old facia with AP1.0 that are software locked at 60 and technically have a higher battery?

Or did the software unlock to upgrade the battery come with the facelift?

There is a S60 with AP1 P76997 that is pretty nice and wondering if it was possible to extend the range at a later date.

If it is not possible, are there any tips on looking at the CPO site to determine which 60s may be upgradeable in the future?

Thanks

I'm pretty sure the facelift came well before the software locked 60s.

The Tesla coding on these particular options is inconsistent. The only way to really confirm if a car is upgradable is to check with a Tesla Sales Associate. Usually it works the other way, that a 75kWh car is a "range upgrade" from a badged 60kWh car, not the other way around (that a 60kWh car can be upgraded). I looked at all the option codes on this VIN, and there's no indication that it's range upgradable.

If it is not possible, are there any tips on looking at the CPO site to determine which 60s may be upgradeable in the future?

Not really, again, if that's what you really want, you'll need to work with an SA to confirm those options.

Good luck with your search!

• Informative
Reactions: kwjayhawk
I assume the answer is no, but wanted to ask:

Are there any S60 old facia with AP1.0 that are software locked at 60 and technically have a higher battery?

Or did the software unlock to upgrade the battery come with the facelift?

There is a S60 with AP1 P76997 that is pretty nice and wondering if it was possible to extend the range at a later date.

Thanks
All 2016 S60 are software limited (& so can be upgraded to 75). There was no S60 in 2015 (& maybe 2014)...so it's easy

Reactions: kwjayhawk
Is it possible to figure out what AP 1.0 is worth on resale? I'm thinking about upgrading and having difficulty figuring out what my car is worth. There are so few like it that it's difficult. I have a P85 with AP 1.0, built in September, 2014. Tesla, so far as I can tell, has none of these available CPO. Sites like KBB seem to give the same value with and without AP, which makes no sense to me.

This is all I can find for P85s+AP1.0 in cars that have been sold/removed. Not sure how else I can help.

VIN Curr Price Miles/KM Year
p56748 88,200 2,472 2014
p61542 84,900 7,629 2014
p63545 82,000 13,033 2014
P65226 75,500 18,747 2014
P57132 64,000 20,290 2014

Thanks! I guess I was wondering if there's enough data to find matching AP and non-AP P85s with the same options and mileage, which might provide a strong clue as to what the AP feature alone is worth. If the mileage isn't the same, I guess it must be clear to people what the right adjustment for mileage is.

Happy to subscribe if that's the way to be able to grunge through the pertinent data.

Hank, you've removed "Location" as a selector filter on the listings page. Is that for subscribers only? Was a nice way for someone to pick up cars that are at a certain location rather than clicking through to each one now. I think your History page has had location as a data column but now, the available lists don't.

Hank, you've removed "Location" as a selector filter on the listings page. Is that for subscribers only? Was a nice way for someone to pick up cars that are at a certain location rather than clicking through to each one now. I think your History page has had location as a data column but now, the available lists don't.

This has come up a couple of times...

I must be missing the obvious, but I can't seem to sort by location anymore. The new wizard thing doesn't seem to show anything for SoCal.

Yes, for US sales, Tesla has removed the location attribute from most of their posted listings, so it made sense to remove the column to make it easier to display on smaller screens. The location data that was left was pretty meaningless.

In addition, to help find "local" cars, Tesla now asks you to enter a zip code, and it displays what it thinks are local cars, but still usually doesn't list a location (some older listings still do, but it's inconsistent). In addition, even if you enter a zip code, it really could list cars from hundreds or thousands of miles away. I'm not sure what their algorithm is, but it's not all that accurate.

Once you open up a car's detail page, you have to enter your zip code again (bad UI design, it should just remember your zip code once entered) and it will then tell you the delivery fee -- I've opened up hundreds of pages, and it's either zero or $2000 from my zip code, I've never seen anything in between. Since that data to calculate delivery fee is internal to Tesla, there's no way for me to offer that to EV-CPO users based on their zip code.

In a brute-force way, I could take each Inventory/CPO car and run it against 100 or so randomly distributed zip codes and sort-of triangulate on the location of the car, but that would hammer the Tesla servers and offer very little benefit.

Obviously Tesla removed the location attribute for a reason -- they don't want you to limit your search for just one service center (like they used to do) -- they'd rather show you the exact car you want and charge you $2000 to get it shipped. Otherwise, they might sell less cars.

You have your DB of URLs for each car, so you could use the code to click through to the page itself and scrape out the location if it is within the body of the data coming back. You could do this "only once" when you add a new record for the car addition. No need to do it a lot. I have seen cars move from site to site so maybe once a week to "refresh" the location data point.

Last edited:
You have your DB of URLs for each car, so you could use the code to click through to the page itself and scrape out the location if it is within the body of the data coming back. You could do this "only once" when you add a new record for the car addition. No need to do it a lot. I have seen cars move from site to site so maybe once a week to "refresh" the location data point.

Yes, the data is available, but it's inconsistent and less than 10% of the cars actually have actual location data embedded, and that's going down as Tesla refreshes their own dataset. It's really not useful to display, in my opinion since most of the cars would just say "no location".

The location attribute (if it exists) is included on the main feed (listing) data. The detail pages, if they list a location, is just a state and generated from Tesla based on their internal data no available to us.

In case of the car you listed, the feed data just says: "MetroId":0

(Metroid used to indicated the region or service center, now most cars are listed as "0")

Again, it's a small subset of cars (and shrinking) that has any location attribute at all. I just don't think it's useful to list most cars with "no location" and a few that might have it with a state the car might be in. I think that would generate more confusion or questions. Clearly, Tesla is moving away from displaying the location attribute on most listed cars.

If most cars are listed as "No Location" but someone finds a car local to them, they'll complain that the car wasn't listed with their location. Adding a location filter will really exclude >75% of all cars, which kind of defeats the purpose.

You know the old adage: Garbage In, Garbage Out.

The location attribute (if it exists) is included on the main feed (listing) data. The detail pages, if they list a location, is just a state and generated from Tesla based on their internal data no available to us.

In case of the car you listed, the feed data just says: "MetroId":0

(Metroid used to indicated the region or service center, now most cars are listed as "0")

Again, it's a small subset of cars (and shrinking) that has any location attribute at all. I just don't think it's useful to list most cars with "no location" and a few that might have it with a state the car might be in. I think that would generate more confusion or questions. Clearly, Tesla is moving away from displaying the location attribute on most listed cars.

If most cars are listed as "No Location" but someone finds a car local to them, they'll complain that the car wasn't listed with their location. Adding a location filter will really exclude >75% of all cars, which kind of defeats the purpose.

You know the old adage: Garbage In, Garbage Out.

I think what is going on at Tesla is to "haze" over the location and kind of generally route you to cars within a moderate distance from the web site user and offer the cost of transport as an added part of relocating the inventory. If you could pull up "all NYC" inventory in Paramus, NJ for example, you may not look around the region for more options but focus mainly on what is very close. But someone can jump on an Amtrak or take a quick flight to get to one of any Tesla locations and buy an Inventory car if they know that one matches their purchase plan. To do it right, eventually, Tesla will need inventory search for larger quantity of cars using something like "number of miles from Zip code 12345". So, radius-searching will soon need to be offered later in 2017. I am sorry to see them not list by physical sales location anymore - however, I guess as their web site evolves and car quantities rise, it'll change again.

I know of lots of San Francisco inventory. But instead of purchasing locally, I would then have to pay the extra transport charge which is beyond the delivery-doc fee to get it locally so I wonder if really this "transport charge to relocate" is kind of a problem if someone sees that as added costs. To get a car shipped from Fremont "Inventory" to say Paramus NJ, the car may have zero showroom discount and then ask for $2000 to ship it cross country. Original Destination and Doc fee is $1200 on top of that. A custom order would have been shipped "anyway". They should list the inventory for Fremont and the immediate area and offer free national transport of those since they haven't shipped anywhere yet.

Last edited: