Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EV-CPO.com CPO Consolidator support thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok, the "Classic" page should also be working now.

Sorry for the inconveniences tonight -- I've been up for almost two days now. I took the red-eye from Vegas last night(this AM) and didn't get much sleep most of the weekend. I also didn't expect Tesla to change everything around tonight and actively block my site (again). ("No one expects the Spanish Inquisition").

It's also my 1st wedding anniversary today, and my wife isn't too pleased that I've spent all night on the computer, but she'll get over it. :) (We've been together for 11 years, so it's not that big of a deal).

Please let me know if you have any other issues going forward. I'll be making more tweaks tomorrow.

Don't be surprised Hank. Your site makes it too obvious Tesla is monkeying around with the inventory. 3 Used Model X in entire U.S? No Model S 75 or 75D in inventory? Yeah right. I have 7 new inventory units sitting here in Jacksonville. None are showing on Tesla's inventory.

Reactions: HankLloydRight
I'm having trouble figuring out how the discounts are calculated. When I configure the same car, a lot of times it's showing up as about $4k less of a discount, by my math, than what ev-cpo says this discount is. Some of this could be due to inclusion/exclusion shipping fees, although I don't think this accounts for $4k.

Example: New Inventory | Tesla 97800 w/o referral or registration/shipping fees
When built in the design studio, without any fees or referral discount: $102,500
Difference (my calculated discount): $4,700
Discount shown by ev-cpo: $7,900

This seems like it'd be a common question, although I'm not finding the answer anywhere. It's pretty apparent that the cars that have have their base price reduced by Tesla (~June price reduction) show this in the discount, which is fine, although I don't think that's the case here.

I'm having trouble figuring out how the discounts are calculated. When I configure the same car, a lot of times it's showing up as about $4k less of a discount, by my math, than what ev-cpo says this discount is.

It doesn't work that way. The cars listed for sale by Tesla have the original prices at the time they were built, less the 'discount' numbers which are also supplied by Tesla. The discount is not something that is calculated on ev-cpo. Also, the price on the site includes the 'discount' value.

Tesla frequently makes small changes to the 'price book' as well as changes to standard options and features, changing the prices slightly over time. So it's entirely possible to configure a car today which ends up being less than an inventory car built a few months ago with what seems to be identical options.

Discount shown by ev-cpo: $7,900

It's right there in the HTML source code of the car detail page:

Code:
var total_price = "96800";
var showroom_discount = "7900";

Reactions: cyphear
While everyone is anxiously waiting for the Semi reveal event, here's something new to play with.

I've been receiving a lot of requests for option code lookups for specific VINs, or other cars for sale, or just people who are curious what all the option codes mean on a car they already bought.

I've now created an easy to use "Option Code Lookup Tool" on EV-CPO.com

Want to know if car has Autopilot 2.5, or which drive unit (DU) code or battery (BT) code any car has, just use this tool.

No registration or subscription required.

You can access this page by using this direct URL: EV-CPO.com - Option Code Lookup Tool ( that's: ev-cpo.com/lookup ). I've also added this direct link to my signature below for quick access.

To lookup the Option Code lists for any car, you can submit:
  • The URL of any car currently listed on Tesla's own site (new or used/CPO, U.S. or International)
  • The URL of any of the car images on your MyTesla page
  • Any other URL that has valid option codes embedded in the URL
  • Any comma or space separated or option code list
(see supported examples on the lookup page).

If there is some format not supported, just let me know and I'll try my best to support it.

If you don't remember the direct link above, it is always available on the main menu of the website (see below).

Enjoy!

upload_2017-11-16_13-59-7.png

Last edited:
It doesn't work that way. The cars listed for sale by Tesla have the original prices at the time they were built, less the 'discount' numbers which are also supplied by Tesla. The discount is not something that is calculated on ev-cpo. Also, the price on the site includes the 'discount' value.

Tesla frequently makes small changes to the 'price book' as well as changes to standard options and features, changing the prices slightly over time. So it's entirely possible to configure a car today which ends up being less than an inventory car built a few months ago with what seems to be identical options.

It's right there in the HTML source code of the car detail page:

Code:
var total_price = "96800";
var showroom_discount = "7900";

I have the same confusion. For example, a Model X configured as a new order today is $117k, yet Tesla's price on a "$5000" discounted identical Model X is... $117k. I know it's not a problem with your site, but why would anyone order the inventory model (except for availability)? Has Tesla ever adjusted the price down to reflect what you're actually getting for your money today? I have an email out to my OA with the same question as well.

Thanks for your brilliant work here, btw, and don't be alarmed at how many times I'm logging on :).

I know it's not a problem with your site, but why would anyone order the inventory model (except for availability)?

Because there are different people running different parts of the business? There are many examples of new-order cars being less than "identical" Inventory cars. As I mentioned above, there are constant pricing book, configuration, and bundled package changes which could affect the differences in prices you see between what appears to be two identically configured cars.

Certainly availability is key this quarter, since who knows what's going to happen with the EV tax credit. Some people don't want to wait, or care that the car has a few extra miles. I'm not sure the people pricing the Inventory cars go back to the design studio to see what the current pricing is. Or maybe they do and price it the same with the discount but sooner availability.

Has Tesla ever adjusted the price down to reflect what you're actually getting for your money today? I have an email out to my OA with the same question as well.

Maybe other people can answer this. I don't have any personal experience negotiating with Tesla in this manner.

Thanks for your brilliant work here, btw, and don't be alarmed at how many times I'm logging on

You're welcome! And thanks for your comments and feedback, which is always welcome.

I've just signed up. Is there a way to send notification out via email once a new vehicle with a selected specification becomes available? I'm in a market for a MS....

Yup! First, activate your two-week free trial on the 'Subscribe' page.

Then save any of your desired configurations in the 'Configuration Garage'.. and when any new cars that match your saved criteria is added (or existing cars have a price change), you will get an email alert.

I've added support for two more formats for using the 'Option Code Lookup' page.
  • "Short" VIN from any car ever listed on EV-CPO - example: 202233 or P12896

• "Long" VIN from any car ever listed on EV-CPO - example 5YJSA1H16EFP40010 or 5YJXCAE25HF060875
So basically the page will also search for any car (current or archived) ever listed on EV-CPO for a matching VIN, and then display all options stored for that VIN.

This is an easy way for anyone that bought an Inventory or CPO car from Tesla to go back and see if their car was captured by EV-CPO and see what their full option list is (this is the most frequent request I receive).

You can access the page directly here: Option Code Lookup Tool ( that's: ev-cpo.com/lookup ).

• Funny
Reactions: SmartElectric
I signed up to the 3mos subscription a month ago, and I'm not getting results when looking for archived performance model s vehicles. Please advise. Thanks.

Can you PM me your email address and I'll look into it? Are you sure you are logged into the same email account you used to sign up for the subscription?

Looking at just "Performance" Model S cars in the archive, I see the following (which is the same as you should see) -- first screenshot is for "Used" Inventory and the second screen shot for "New":

upload_2017-11-25_15-20-54.png

upload_2017-11-25_15-21-12.png

Can you PM me your email address and I'll look into it? Are you sure you are logged into the same email account you used to sign up for the subscription?

Looking at just "Performance" Model S cars in the archive, I see the following (which is the same as you should see) -- first screenshot is for "Used" Inventory and the second screen shot for "New":

View attachment 262692

View attachment 262693

Info sent... and yea, I don't see that info. It hasn't worked for about 7-10days now.