Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EV-CPO.com CPO Consolidator support thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, I noticed that a few days ago. Recently, Tesla changed the policy on the 4-year used warranty in that any 2012 or 2013 car, regardless of mileage now only gets the 2-year warranty. I'm traveling this weekend and will be back later today to tweak the code to make that more accurate. Sorry for the inconvenience, but it will be fixed soon!

That's great, no worries!
Do you know if the only cars now that will get the 4-year/50k mile warranty will be 2014 and up?

Great site, very helpful. I've been browsing around and finding that the warranty levels are not always accurate. For example, some cars on ev-cpo.com show that they come with a 4-year 50k mile warranty, whereas in reality they only have 2-year 100k warranty from Tesla. IS t here a specific reason for this? How do you pull warranty info?

Ok, this has been fixed and the warranty column/data should be accurate.

Something else I noticed though, so be aware. There are many (but not all) 2014 CPOs with less than 50,000 miles but only a 2-year warranty. At this time, I do not know what separates 2014 cars below 50k miles to get one warranty over the other.

So the rule seems to be:
2012 and 2013: All cars get 2 year, 100k max odo warranty regardless of mileage
2014: toss-up. Some cars below 50k miles get the 2 year, some get the 4 year.
2015 and newer: Only cars above 50k miles get 2-year warranty

It looks like the warranty and year information on ev-cpo.com is currently not accurate. The Year column for nearly all cars in my searches says 2013, even though last night they were mostly 2015. Clicking through to Tesla's page on the car shows they should be 2015. Most warranties for those cars are 2-year when the Tesla page says 4-year.

EV-CPO. First off, thank you for your tool. I'm very near purchasing and your site has been amazing in that.

Has something happened with the zip code feature? Previously, I was able to put in my zip to feature cars that dont require a shipping fee. For the life of me I cant find that filter anymore.

Thanks for your feedback!

Yes, I removed it because Tesla is no longer shipping any cars, so all cars have no shipping fee anymore.
You have to pick it up or have it shipped from the location where the car is.

It was inaccurate for the website to promise/list cars with 'no shipping fee' when it was no longer true but I am working on something to make it a little clearer which should be ready soon.

• Informative
Reactions: mongo
Oh thanks for the quick reply! I didn't realize they changed their shipping policy. So does that mean if I'm in the DC area and see a car I like in NYC, I have to go to to NYC to get it? It wouldn't e a big deal but it certainly changes my purchase strategy.

Keep up the good work!

That is correct. There have been scattered reports of people getting Tesla to ship a car to another location, but those are definitely exceptions to the rule and I would suggest not depending on that as a possibility.

Are you looking new/inventory or used/CPO? If I recall correctly, the reports of Tesla shipping a car are more towards the new/inventory side than used. But it's worth a shot if you can negotiate that with your sales associate. Good luck!

I'm currently looking for used. I could probably swing a new S75D but I'm not sure I want that large of a monthly payment when I can find a gently used S90D for significantly cheaper. I haven't engaged a sales associate yet because I'm still about 2 weeks away from a purchase. I've got to close on a house on the 15th before I go changing my credit scores. Thanks for all the info

Just another big thanks from a new cpo owner. I'm in Phoenix and found my car in San Diego. So much more convenient than Tesla's site. I know they no longer ship cars but for us they required both me and my wife to travel and pickup the car because the loan was in two names. I found that a little backwards on the era of e-sign, POA's, fax, courrier etc. Drove it home to Phoenix and gave me a chance to get familiar with AP and the supercharger network. The car is great and your website was vital to me. Thanks

You're very welcome! And congratulations!

Yes, Tesla's policies are baffling sometimes. It made so much more sense to charge buyers $1000-$2000 to ship cars to the local sales/service center for delivery (the old way). That way it was much convenient for everyone, and in most cases, the proper state taxes were paid and everything just led to a much more smooth transaction all around.

Did you have to pay CA and AZ sales tax, or did AZ give you a credit for taxes paid to CA?

You're very welcome! And congratulations!

Yes, Tesla's policies are baffling sometimes. It made so much more sense to charge buyers $1000-$2000 to ship cars to the local sales/service center for delivery (the old way). That way it was much convenient for everyone, and in most cases, the proper state taxes were paid and everything just led to a much more smooth transaction all around.

Did you have to pay CA and AZ sales tax, or did AZ give you a credit for taxes paid to CA?

May be due to the switch from CPO to used, who pays for the shipping on a rejected car?