Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EV-CPO.com CPO Consolidator support thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dang there are a lot of S's for sale.
I see this increasing unless either prices go WAY down or Tesla changes policy.
See:
Used Tesla in California

Acceleration of deliveries, expiration of full federal tax credit, no proactive shipping of used Model S out of California, crazy California tax (if one were to take delivery in California by non-residents). No end in sight, somethings gotta give. Unfortunately for us, it may be less of a loss to liquidate to wholesalers than to change policy.

• Love
Reactions: neroden
Hi
Thanks a lot for your website it is helping me lot to know the trend filter the car that matches me.
I came across this Model S , in which the code says both free and pay per use supercharging. Is it mistake at Tesla side? In the detail page it is listed as "Free Supercharging".

1542918236884blob.jpg.png

• Informative
Reactions: SmartElectric
Hello EV-CPO! Thanks for the great site - been watching it for years now...

Just saw what appears to be recent updates showing: Used Model 3s, and Leasing a New or Used Tesla - including Model 3s (with TesLease). Great developments!

Regarding the TesLease page, you mention this:
"Lease in All 50 States
TESLEASE™ is authorized to lease in all 50 states. Please keep in mind, sales tax regulations differ from state to state.
The following states are sales tax exempt: AK, MT, NH, OR
The following states require sales tax to be paid up front: CO, GA, TX, NY "

As a resident of NJ, we do not have sales tax on EV sales. Is there some stipulation that eliminates this when leasing or could this be an oversight?

Thanks - and keep up the great work.

As a resident of NJ, we do not have sales tax on EV sales. Is there some stipulation that eliminates this when leasing or could this be an oversight?

Thanks - and keep up the great work.

Thanks for your comments! I'll pass along your question to Doering Leasing and see what they have to say. If you PM me your email address, I can put you in touch with them directly and you can skip the middleman (me).

another suggestion in the future. Try to have each profile able to watch individual cars. example is to watch a specific vin number and get notifications when this vehicle goes down in price.

also, When i get email's does tesla update the webpage first or does you website usually see the price change when i get emails?
Thanks for all you do for the community Merry Christmas

Hi shiftkenny,

Thanks for your comments!

If you're getting emails, then you're already a subscriber or have the free trial. In that case, you can already watch one or several VINs from the 'Advanced Options' tab. See example below. You can enter the VINs of cars you want watch in the box, one on each line, and then be notified when the prices changes for them. You'll also be notified if a car is 'relisted' if it had previously been reserved but not sold.
Just make sure the switches at the top are set correctly for the VINs you're watching. For instance, if you're watching Model X Inventory VINs, make sure the switches at the top are "Model X" and "Inventory".

upload_2018-11-29_7-28-57.png

also, When i get email's does tesla update the webpage first or does you website usually see the price change when i get emails?

I'm not sure I fully understand your question. The price changes originate on the Tesla website (all data is sourced from there), so by the time you get the emails from EV-CPO, the price changes have already taken place on the Tesla side. Is that your question?

Hi shiftkenny,

Thanks for your comments!

If you're getting emails, then you're already a subscriber or have the free trial. In that case, you can already watch one or several VINs from the 'Advanced Options' tab. See example below. You can enter the VINs of cars you want watch in the box, one on each line, and then be notified when the prices changes for them. You'll also be notified if a car is 'relisted' if it had previously been reserved but not sold.
Just make sure the switches at the top are set correctly for the VINs you're watching. For instance, if you're watching Model X Inventory VINs, make sure the switches at the top are "Model X" and "Inventory".

View attachment 356350

I'm not sure I fully understand your question. The price changes originate on the Tesla website (all data is sourced from there), so by the time you get the emails from EV-CPO, the price changes have already taken place on the Tesla side. Is that your question?
Yup thanks!

Hello and thank so much for your website EV-CPO! I bought a Tesla this weekend off the CPO site and now think I'd like to wait for another one since it's in CA and the shipping will be $2000. I know the $2500 is non refundable, but can I wait to use it on any other CPO car. Do you think prices will fall before the end of the year anymore? The deals on there don't look that great.

Yes, prices tend to move in a sawtooth pattern.. they'll start high, then drop $500 every day or two until it reaches some lower limit, then it will jump back up to the original, or near original price and the pattern repeats. Once it does this once or twice and doesn't sell, you can pretty much determine the "lowest" price and jump on it near or at that price. Of course, other people are likely doing the same thing, so it becomes a game of chicken on who caves first.

Also, there's always a lot of used inventory being added, so don't jump on the first car you see unless it's a perfect match and you want to make sure you get it before anyone else does. Don't settle, there will likely be another similar or same configuration soon enough, and for a slightly lower price.

Good luck!

Sometimes the relist on Ev-CPO is faster than the Tesla website. I would wait like an hour or so then sometimes the car will show up.

Pretty much this. There are cars that get 'listed' on Tesla's website before the 'detail' page is re-activated. So when that happens, they appear to be available, but nothing comes up. I'd say wait an hour or two to see if it becomes available. If it's really not available, EV-CPO will eventually remove it from the listings in a few hours anyway.

@EV-CPO

https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/wcm/c...b70495a9904d/CAVVINList.pdf?MOD=AJPERES&CVID=

integration would be hugely helpful to all the CPO shoppers in CA looking for a pre-2017 carpool eligible car, HT @foto005

That's a great suggestion, but upon reviewing that file, there are a ton of VIN typos. Here's are a few examples

Here are 10 or so VINs where two letters are transposed -- it should be: 5YJSA and instead it's 5YSJA

5YSJA1CN6DFP05170
5YSJA1CP2DFP07872
5YSJA1F42FF095948
5YSJA1H21FF096832
5YSJA1H29FF092012
5YSJA1H41FF086013
5YSJA1S13EFP29409
5YSJA1S21FF095818
5YSJA1S24FF091486
5YSJA1S25FF085843
5YSJSA1CG8DF21050

These start with 5YJDA but should be 5YJSA -- is that just a simple D/S typo?

5YJDA1CGXDFP18859
5YJDA1S26FF090954
5YJDS1H10EFP57272
5YJDS1H11EFP30730

These have 5YJAS but that's supposed to be 5YJSA

5YJAS1CN0DFP12227
5YJAS1H14EFP51619

There are some that should be Tesla VINs, but are missing digits -- these are just invalid VINs.

5YJXCCE46GF16878
5YSA1CN6DFP23149
5YSA1CN8DFP17868
5YSA1S14EFP54836

These are supposed to be 5YJSA and instead are 5YKSA
5YKSA1H17EFP65241
5YKSA1V26FF099018

This one is just all kinds of wrong:

5YJS1V45FF1100340

While I can assume most of the other 31,000 Tesla VINs are valid, there are bound to be lots of other more subtle errors that could possibly lead to EV-CPO saying a car is eligible when in fact it's not, or more likely exclude a car from being eligible when in reality it is.

I'd hate to have someone rely on this data on EV-CPO and buy a car only to find out it's not actually eligible.

Last edited:
  • Informative