Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EV-CPO.com CPO Consolidator support thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there a way to filter for "Standard Range AWD"? I was considering grabbing one yesterday when I saw the price at 70k as these were pretty rare, but they got snatched up. Thinking of looking for this type of inventory model since I can live without the extra range and battery improvements and save myself 10k. Do you think there will be more coming into inventory after the new year?

Is there a way to filter for "Standard Range AWD"? I was considering grabbing one yesterday when I saw the price at 70k as these were pretty rare, but they got snatched up. Thinking of looking for this type of inventory model since I can live without the extra range and battery improvements and save myself 10k. Do you think there will be more coming into inventory after the new year?

Thanks for the note. I'm assuming you are looking for a Model S.

I've added "Standard Range" and "Long Range" to the "MS Trim Level" option selector:

upload_2019-12-30_13-39-13.png

Thanks for the note. I'm assuming you are looking for a Model S.

I've added "Standard Range" and "Long Range" to the "MS Trim Level" option selector:

View attachment 494458

Yes. I am kicking myself for not grabbing it yesterday, but needed to discuss with wife first lol

I've only seen 10 of these added within the last 2 months, so not a lot...

Reactions: EV-CPO
Hi, new user here.
A couple of issues with the web site - hopefully not reported yet:
* The Model 3 New USA "Archived Listings" shows 14,352 cars but no Performance model.
* I tried to add "Date Added" and "Date Removed" in the Column Selector and neither of these seem to add said columns.

Thanks in advance.

Hi, new user here.
A couple of issues with the web site - hopefully not reported yet:
* The Model 3 New USA "Archived Listings" shows 14,352 cars but no Performance model.
* I tried to add "Date Added" and "Date Removed" in the Column Selector and neither of these seem to add said columns.

Thanks in advance.

Welcome!

Both of those items require a paid subscription (not just the free trial). Thanks for your support.

They are adjusting prices daily, thats madness. You would think weekly we be fine. Hopefully its using analytics of some kind

Yes, they adjust prices programmatically and have been doing it daily pretty much since the beginning. If you look through this thread, I've posted several examples. Tesla will gradually lower the price of a car $100 per day (sometimes $10, $50, or $1000 also) until it reaches a low threshold point, and then jack the price back up to the original listing price -- over and over again creating a classic sawtooth pattern.

• Informative
Reactions: SmartElectric
I signed up for my free trial, but when I try to search any archived Model S (used) listings, I get 0 results. Even when I just search Battery Size: (AND) Performance. I've also tried clearing all filters and searching just for every P model in the MS Trim Level criteria, to no avail. What am I missing?

In order to view the Performance cars in the archive, a (paid) subscription is required.

Thanks for your support.

Oh, so the Free Premium Trial does not include the ability to search performance cars in the archive? That's not entirely clear from the Free Premium Trial description: Once you register an account, you can activate your account for a two week Free Trial of the 'Premium' member option to see what these extra features provide.

I intended to actually purchase a subscription, but was directed to try the free trial first on the site. Do I have to wait 2 weeks until my free trial expires before I can purchase a subscription and see Performance cars in the archive?

Sorry for the inconvenience, but too many for-profit firms (usually hedge funds and investment firms) were repeatedly abusing the free trial to download free data for their commercial research projects.

Once you have the free trial, you can subscribe at any time to access the full archive, and the time will added in addition to the free trial.

• Helpful
Sorry for the inconvenience, but too many for-profit firms (usually hedge funds and investment firms) were repeatedly abusing the free trial to download free data for their commercial research projects.

Once you have the free trial, you can subscribe at any time to access the full archive, and the time will added in addition to the free trial.

There was a post on my now deleted thread, that some of the better short lived price reductions are not entirely captured by EV CPO? If I get a subscription with price alerts, would that remedy it? I just don't understand how only an OA would be privy to this information.

Thanks.

There was a post on my now deleted thread, that some of the better short lived price reductions are not entirely captured by EV CPO?

EV-CPO (as well as the other inventory sites) do not have a real-time/live feed of the price changes published by Tesla. So if there is a significant price reduction on the Tesla site, and the car is sold before any site has a chance to capture it, then no, those kinds of price reductions won't be captured.

If I get a subscription with price alerts, would that remedy it?

A subscription gets you the most up-to-date information possible, but it's still not real-time. It's close to real-time as possible, though. Alerts are sent out immediately upon price changes via email or SMS. You can sign up for the two-week trial to try it out.

I just don't understand how only an OA would be privy to this information.

Why? Since the start of the CPO/Inventory program, Tesla has always withheld listing or posting every car for sale on their public facing website. I did not see the thread that was deleted, what was the content and why was it deleted? Anyways, it's conceivable that the OAs are also withholding price reductions before they are published online. Or alternatively, it's just a delay in the process that pushes the internal price changes to the online portal and they aren't withholding price reductions intentionally.

• Informative
EV-CPO (as well as the other inventory sites) do not have a real-time/live feed of the price changes published by Tesla. So if there is a significant price reduction on the Tesla site, and the car is sold before any site has a chance to capture it, then no, those kinds of price reductions won't be captured.

A subscription gets you the most up-to-date information possible, but it's still not real-time. It's close to real-time as possible, though. Alerts are sent out immediately upon price changes via email or SMS. You can sign up for the two-week trial to try it out.

Why? Since the start of the CPO/Inventory program, Tesla has always withheld listing or posting every car for sale on their public facing website. I did not see the thread that was deleted, what was the content and why was it deleted? Anyways, it's conceivable that the OAs are also withholding price reductions before they are published online. Or alternatively, it's just a delay in the process that pushes the internal price changes to the online portal and they aren't withholding price reductions intentionally.

Very helpful! Starting with your site's alerts and getting into contact with an OA makes the most sense then. Without knowing all the nuances, it's very complicated to understand Tesla's pricing strategy and why some pricing changes don't make it to their site or get captured on EV CPO.

There was a service being advertised on FB for Tesla "show room deals" that I inquired about in a new thread that got nuked. Anyways, between those replies and yours I have a better idea of how Tesla does their business and how to take advantage of it.

Yes, working with an OA is key to getting the best, unpublished deals, as well as using EV-CPO to keep track of newly listed cars, trends, options, etc. Good luck!

edit: Without getting this thread nuked, I'm just curious -- do you have any sense why that thread was deleted?

Sure, some poster accused the thread as spam due to my inquiry and the responses that garnered, especially when the vendor also replied and had shared it with their subscribers.

It was an unfortunate kneejerk reaction by the mods. I think having open feedback on Tesla associated buying services and apps is essential here - since no other medium would provide a better and diverse input. Either way I was fortunate to have read some of the responses before it was deleted.