Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EV-CPO.com CPO Consolidator support thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks. I thought that’s what you were referring to but wasn’t sure. Why were they shut down? Did Tesla step in?

I wouldn't be surprised if the person doing it was an employee and making themselves a bit of cash on the side which didn't go down too well with Tesla. There seems to be no obvious way to find mystical cars for sale that are not listed externally and the brute force vin number crawlers don't work anymore as hey don't use real vins on new inventory.

I wouldn't be surprised if the person doing it was an employee and making themselves a bit of cash on the side which didn't go down too well with Tesla.

Interesting theory. Thanks.

There seems to be no obvious way to find mystical cars for sale that are not listed externally and the brute force vin number crawlers don't work anymore as hey don't use real vins on new inventory.

Yeah, I've never liked the idea of the brute force VIN crawlers. If Tesla didn't want certain VINs published, I surely wasn't going to make them public. (This is different from hidden cars that were originally published online and still available, but no longer appear in the online listings).

I just started getting email alerts out of the blue. how does one turn them off? I can't find a "manage preferences" or unsubscribe option in the login settings.

Due to the recent subscription changes, all registered users with any saved search Configurations will receive free email alerts until the end of the month.

To turn them off, go into your Configuration Garage, and click the green "email" button so it says "Email Off".

upload_2020-11-20_13-0-15.png

Well, I apologize if this effects you, but when I opened up all registered accounts to receive free Configuration Garage alerts until the end of the month, I didn't realize how many registered users previously had alerts set up and are now receiving unsolicited email alerts.

So I've had to prematurely shut down the free email alerts I had said would continue until the end of the month for all registered (but otherwise unpaid) users. If you previously subscribed and your subscription is still active, this does not apply to you.

If you would like to receive these free alerts until Nov-30, please email me at [email protected] with your registered email address and I'll turn them on for you specifically.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

• Helpful
Reactions: SmartElectric
Hi there - thanks bunch! for the site and all the hard work. How are you sourcing pictures of actual used vehicles ? And what about pictures of archived postings (that were once active and now don't show under current listings anymore) ? Simply changing the VIN number in the URL did not bring up the images of a likely sold vehicle.

. How are you sourcing pictures of actual used vehicles ?

There are two different sources for the used car images, both from Tesla. The first are the original photographs from Mannheim which processes the used inventory for Tesla, the second seems to be another service that archives the original images. I have no control over those images or when they appear or do not appear.

And what about pictures of archived postings (that were once active and now don't show under current listings anymore) ? Simply changing the VIN number in the URL did not bring up the images of a likely sold vehicle.

Not all used inventory have images.

• Helpful
Reactions: SmartElectric
Is it possible to search for Model-X with a third row? When I select more than one option: 6, 6+console, 7 seats I get zero rows.

Yes, because the "must have" options are "AND" options.. so of course no cars have all three of those options. (All the other selectors are "OR" options).

I'll look into adding a "Third Row Seating" option later today or tomorrow. Thanks.

Thank you for everything you do!
A question/request... Is there any way to add factory tow hitch as a selectable option, specifically for the Model Y, but all models would be helpful. Thanks!

Wow, it's strange.. I've had code on the site to add options for M3/MY (see below) but it was hidden for some reason. I think I just never completed it. But now it's working to add Title Status, Tow hitch, and Performance upgrade options for M3/MY.

Tow hitch is already a selectable option for MX.

upload_2021-2-12_16-46-2.png