Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EV-CPO.com CPO Consolidator support thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, Tesla likes doing this. That car has both option codes:

BX60 -- 60kWh
BTX5 -- 75kWh

So my code caught the second option code. The Tesla code also shows the "badge" to be a 60. I've seen to both ways where the badge doesn't agree with the battery code. So it looks like a 75kWh battery software limited to 60kWh. I've adjusted the record, and I'll look for others.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Yeah, Tesla likes doing this. That car has both option codes:

BX60 -- 60kWh
BTX5 -- 75kWh

So my code caught the second option code. The Tesla code also shows the "badge" to be a 60. I've seen to both ways where the badge doesn't agree with the battery code. So it looks like a 75kWh battery software limited to 60kWh. I've adjusted the record, and I'll look for others.

Thanks.
Thanks to you ! awesome website !

Hi Hank, a few issues I'm having:

(1) It looks like the site has changed the coding for AP 2.0 option, to 2.0(E), but the alert function hasn't been updated, so that the alerts are no longer pulling up AP 2.0 cars (although can specify FSD alerts).
(2) Is it possible to filter searches and/or set an alert for cars that have AP 2.0 hardware, regardless of whether the car has enhaced AP or FSD features unlocked via software?
(3) Historical searches - is it possible to filter historical results based on AP 2.0 hardware (either enhanced AP or FSD)?

Thanks!

(1) It looks like the site has changed the coding for AP 2.0 option, to 2.0(E), but the alert function hasn't been updated, so that the alerts are no longer pulling up AP 2.0 cars (although can specify FSD alerts).

I've fixed this now, the alerts include AP2.0 Base and AP2.0 Enhanced. You may have to create a new alert to use AP2.0E.

There are currently no cars listed that have just the 2.0 Base, only 2.0E and FSD.

2) Is it possible to filter searches and/or set an alert for cars that have AP 2.0 hardware, regardless of whether the car has enhaced AP or FSD features unlocked via software?

Yes, I have a few changes to the Alerts page I'm working on which will allow this. Soon.

(3) Historical searches - is it possible to filter historical results based on AP 2.0 hardware (either enhanced AP or FSD)?

Now fixed!

Thanks for the feedback.

• Love
Reactions: SmartElectric
Hi Hank,
Is there any way to do searches like

(Color not 'red') and (AP = '2.0E' or AP = 'FSD')

SQL query would be awesome.

Also, I can help you write SQL if you need anything, I'm an expert at it.

Yeah, as I mentioned above, I'm working on a small UI change to allow that for Alerts.

Also, I've been a data warehouse architect and db engineer for 25+ years.. so I know SQL better than English at this point. You'd probably be surprised at the SQL there is behind the scenes.

Last edited:
Yeah, as I mentioned above, I'm working on a small UI change to allow that for Alerts.

Also, I've been a data warehouse architect and db engineer for 25+ years.. so I know SQL better than English at this point. You'd probably be surprised at the SQL there is behind the scenes.

That's awesome! I'm pretty much in the same boat as you. :)

If you need extra hands feel free to ask me.

Hi Pando,

Thanks for your feedback.

It's like this -- in the 'summary' feed I'm pulling from Tesla, there is no location information for each car -- Tesla started to strip out that data field a little over a week ago. But the location information is still displayed on the detail page of each car. To pull the summary info, I just have to make one call to the Tesla website to populate my database. But then to capture the proper location for each car would mean I'd have to hit the Tesla site hundreds of times each round to retrieve the location info for each car and/or validate it in case a car was moved. That would be thousands of hits on their site every day. While it may or may not register in their web logs, I don't see the need to hammer the Tesla site that much to retrieve the specific location information for each car if Tesla doesn't want it disclosed anymore.

A few months ago, Tesla removed the "Location" drop-down selector on their Preowned and Inventory website, I can only assume that they don't want potential buyers worried about the location, and would rather capture an interested buyer regardless of location or shipping distance if they can still sell a car. If that was their intention when they did that, I thought they also might reduce or eliminate the transportation fees to buy cars out of your local region. But they didn't do that, and I think they actually increased the transport fees. I thought having the location was valuable information for the users. Tesla obviously thinks differently, so I'll respect their decision to remove it.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Reactions: Pando
I can confirm that Tesla isn't a big fan of someone causing thousands of hits to their website. I was trying to do a similar scraping thing(more for fun than anything), and soon found that my IP address made its way onto several blacklists. What surprised me is that Tesla's website never blocked my requests, but since my IP was on a blacklist several OTHER websites blocked my requests.

When I was doing it though - I will say that I did find a LOT of new inventory that never made it to Tesla.com, EV-CPO, or teslainventory.com.

Yeah, it's pretty easy to brute force search every possible VIN combination and see what hits, but I won't do that either. I only publish what is, or was once listed on Tesla's site. It is their sandbox after all.

Hank,
Great site!
I have been wondering about one thing -- how do you make sure the inventory listed on ev-cpo is still available, and how up-to-date is that aspect of the listing?
Thanks!

Quick question and I'm hopeful someone on here has an answer...
When an inventory car is listed as "no location", where does the car most likely reside? My guess is Fremont since that's the factory. Has anyone found this to be true, not true or "varies widely"? Thanks

Quick question and I'm hopeful someone on here has an answer...
When an inventory car is listed as "no location", where does the car most likely reside? My guess is Fremont since that's the factory. Has anyone found this to be true, not true or "varies widely"? Thanks

The best option in that case is to just click on the link to open up the Tesla.com page and see if a location is listed for each car. If you're curious about one or two particular cars that still don't show a location, you can PM me the VINs and I'll see if there is any internal data with any location information. Some cars have it, most don't.