Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EV-CPO.com CPO Consolidator support thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hank,

Love the new site. Wanted to make one quick suggestion, if it's possible. Add a delay for the hover over the images icon. Even if it's .5 seconds. I found that as I'm navigating the site, I'd roll across that icon and it would pull up the images and then get stuck. The only way to get rid of the images was to hover over another images icon, let it load the images, and then move mouse cursor off of the icon.
This happened to me on both IE and Edge.

Will you add this tag to the classic listing interface as well?

Ok, I've added a column for US Model S CPO section: a 2-Yr-Wrty column which is a simple Y/N. Y means a car has the two year-100k Odometer warranty. N means it has the original 4year/50k warranty.

Love the new site. Wanted to make one quick suggestion, if it's possible. Add a delay for the hover over the images icon. Even if it's .5 seconds. I found that as I'm navigating the site, I'd roll across that icon and it would pull up the images and then get stuck. The only way to get rid of the images was to hover over another images icon, let it load the images, and then move mouse cursor off of the icon.
This happened to me on both IE and Edge.

Thanks for your comments! I remember fiddling with this A LOT when I was developing the site. Even a .5 second delay made the site look/feel laggy, and the popups would stick around longer than expected. I'll give it another visit to see if I can improve it. But here's a quick tip -- if there is any popup you want to go away, just click on it anywhere within the popup, and it will immediately disappear. See if that works any better.

• Love
Reactions: SmartElectric
I've been digging a little deeper, and here are two more examples of the fleet field:

NA-US-NV-Reno-Gigafactory (3 cars)
NA-US-NY-Long Island City-Queens-Battery Repair (1 car)

I know you can't just drive up to the Gigafactory and look at or buy a car.
The Long Island location is not open to the public (although it once was).
As strange as it sounds, perhaps the system is pulling location information from the cars themselves. So:
  • Car reports that it is near a Tesla owned location - website associates it to a location name, like the ones above.
  • Car reports that it is any other location - website doesn't provide location name.
This could make sense as I've been told by a couple of the OA that they are now having to store cars all over the place as they ran out of room in their own lots. Perhaps the majority of these cars are sitting in lots that don't correspond to a Tesla location like the ones here in Colorado.

As strange as it sounds, perhaps the system is pulling location information from the cars themselves. So:

It's certainly a plausible theory. The cars do frequently push their mileage. Just not sure why the National Remarketing team would push that info into the CPO site and the HTML fields. I could see it as an internal field ("hey Ralph, where's P54754 now?") but to publish it seems kinda strange for Tesla that doesn't like to publish anything they don't absolutely have to. For instance, it would be real helpful if they published the zip code used to calculate the transportation fee. But that they keep internal. :rolleyes:

On the other hand, they do have a track record of outright losing CPOs. ;)

What decides if VAT is reclaimable or not?

VAT is reclaimable if it was owned by a company which has more complex business accounting and it is paying VAT (typically bigger companies and resellers of any goods). Searching for a car with reclaimable VAT makes sense only for another VAT-paying company. First non-VAT-paying car owner terminates the possibility of VAT reclaim for any further owners of that car.

What countries does this apply to?

I am aware only how it goes in Czech but it should be similar across Europe.

• Informative
Reactions: Fiver
VAT is reclaimable if it was owned by a company which has more complex business accounting and it is paying VAT (typically bigger companies and resellers of any goods). Searching for a car with reclaimable VAT makes sense only for another VAT-paying company. First non-VAT-paying car owner terminates the possibility of VAT reclaim for any further owners of that car.

So it's based on who owned the car previously to Tesla selling it as a pre-owned/used car?

So the fact that Tesla owns these cars and is reselling them doesn't matter, and the VAT reclimation carries forward to the new owner, if applicable?

So it's based on who owned the car previously to Tesla selling it as a pre-owned/used car?

Yes.

So the fact that Tesla owns these cars and is reselling them doesn't matter, and the VAT reclimation carries forward to the new owner, if applicable?

Tesla is obviously a VAT-paying company so yes, Tesla company does carry that VAT reclaimability.

Hey Hank - Is there a way to modify the viewable listings to the 4yr warranty cars? Like how you have the interior/exterior options? Basically, just make it its own search criteria. My boss might be in the market for a new ride and I was going to share your site with her, but I know she would want to limit her search for a car with a 4yr warranty.

Hey Hank - Is there a way to modify the viewable listings to the 4yr warranty cars? Like how you have the interior/exterior options? Basically, just make it its own search criteria. My boss might be in the market for a new ride and I was going to share your site with her, but I know she would want to limit her search for a car with a 4yr warranty.

Yeah, it's in the works along with a few other changes.

European VAT: Is there a way to search/list the "VAT Reclaimable" vs. "VAT non-reclaimable" parameter?

Ok, this is now added. On the "Advanced" tab there is a Yes/No toggle to only include cars that are VAT Reclaimable. This setting only applies to CPO cars in Europe, and will have no effect on any other selections or regions, or Inventory cars, since all Inventory cars are VAT Reclaimable.

Done. Under "Must Have" features, you can select either "2 Year/100k CPO Warranty" or "4 Year/50k CPO Warranty". These are mutually exclusive, so if you select both, you'll get zero cars.

Thanks for the suggestions!