Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EV-CPO.com CPO Consolidator support thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking back at the discussion on the last page about option codes. After clicking on BUY, the Pro-Forma (price contract), Order Agreement (details about purchase), View Spec under the car in the Account Page, and the original web site page all had slightly different options listed! The scary part was that only the web page listed the features that we really wanted and the other documentation did not, which immediately makes you wonder if the web page was wrong and bait-n-switch is happening...
--- LESSON OBSERVED ---
Always Print the page of your car before clicking BUY. Once you buy it, the page disappears and the options listed later may be different... In my case, the full URL from the View Spec link look like this:
Code:
https://www.tesla.com/teslaaccount/pdf/view-design-pdf?model=ms&options=AD02%2CAF00%2CAU00%2CBC0B%2CBP00%2CBR00%2CBS00%2CBT70%2CCDM0%2CCH00%2CCW02%2CDA02%2CDCF0%2CDRLH%2CDSH5%2CDV4W%2CFG02%2CHP00%2CIDHM%2CIX00%2CLP00%2CMDLS%2CME02%2CPA00%2CPF00%2CPI00%2CPK00%2CPPSB%2CPS01%2CPX00%2CQNLG%2CRENA%2CRFPO%2CSC01%2CSP00%2CSR01%2CSU00%2CTM00%2CTP03%2CTR00%2CUTMF%2CWT19%2CWTX1%2CX001%2CX003%2CX007%2CX011%2CX014%2CX021%2CX025%2CX027%2CX028%2CX031%2CX037%2CX040%2CYF00&rn=RNXXXXXXX&src=dashboard&coming_from=viewspec

A quick URL Decode to clean this up looks like this: URL Decoder (100% client-side) :: OpinionatedGeek
options=AD02,AF00,AU00,BC0B,BP00,BR00,BS00,BT70,CDM0,CH00,CW02,DA02,DCF0,DRLH,DSH5,DV4W,FG02,HP00,IDHM,IX00,LP00,MDLS,ME02,PA00,PF00,PI00,PK00,PPSB,PS01,PX00,QNLG,RENA,RFPO,SC01,SP00,SR01,SU00,TM00,TP03,TR00,UTMF,WT19,WTX1,X001,X003,X007,X011,X014,X021,X025,X027,X028,X031,X037,X040,YF00

Free Supercharging (SC01), the Power Liftgate and Lighting Package (TP03), and other options were left off the purchase agreement and vehicle options documentation --- I have to assume that Tesla is dynamically generating all their documentation from a list of saved options codes for each vehicle, and that each of their content creation systems has a slightly different options mapping table. In some places its called the Standard Headliner while in others its called the Textile Headliner... I'll chalk it up to growing pains within Tesla since their options packages are constantly changing. But it is concerning to see all the documentation they ask you to sign miss the main features you wanted in the car... I've asked my sales rep (Ava Groves) to clarify the discrepancies, but for now I'm going to assume the features I want are there as expected.

Once again, the ability to do options lookup on EV-CPO has given me tremendous peace of mind even if Tesla cannot do the same...

Any reason why some price points are different?
Recieved some emails - but click on them and different price?
Just these two as an example

2016 75D
VIN: 5YJSA1E2XGF146052
Price on EV - $48,990, TES - $53,600

2016 75
VIN: 5YJSA1E12GF142987
Price on EV - $48,600, TES - $51,300

^^ Seems to just be those cars added 4/12

upload_2019-4-12_10-43-45.png

Any reason why some price points are different?
Recieved some emails - but click on them and different price?
Just these two as an example

2016 75D
VIN: 5YJSA1E2XGF146052
Price on EV - $48,990, TES - $53,600

2016 75
VIN: 5YJSA1E12GF142987
Price on EV - $48,600, TES - $51,300
Emails? Is there a way to receive email updates for your searches? I looked for this option but wasn't able to locate it.

Emails? Is there a way to receive email updates for your searches? I looked for this option but wasn't able to locate it.

I am a subscriber, then I save specific configurations, and when there is a price change/relisting, it emails you.
It is a way for be to have a list "Bingo" which is a car that includes everything I want, at the right pricepoint, that is "now available". This means, I am here just playing the waiting game, and EV-CPO is a much better SA than anyone I have dealt with, at Tesla.

Last edited:
I am a subscriber, then I save specific configurations, and when there is a price change/relisting, it emails you.
It is a way for be to have a list "Bingo" which is a car that includes everything I want, at the right pricepoint, that is "now available". This means, I am here just playing the waiting game, and EV-CPO is a much better SA than anyone I have dealt with, at Tesla.
Subscriber as in $?

I want to start out that I am not complaining. I really like the EV-CPO website and am recommending it to people I know that are thinking of buying.

This week-end I bought an inventory car that I found on EV-CPO.com. The listing on EV-CPO stated that it was FSD. When I got my spec sheet it showed just auto pilot. I called DS and asked about it and they said we are not responsible for what is on 3rd part sites. No kidding. They said I could get FSD but it would be another $7K. Do you know if I keep crying to Tesla they will add the FSD?

Thanks for a great website.

Thanks for your comments.

What's the VIN, and I can look into it?

What happens is the cars are listed initially on the Tesla page that has all the cars listed for your area. That's where EV-CPO gets the initial data from, including all the option codes. Tesla has been recently changing the cars software configurations after the fact but not updating their website, causing a bit of a discrepancy. If EV-CPO says the car had FSD, then the car was absolutely listed with FSD initially. If Tesla changed the config after-the-fact and didn't update their website, then the data is out-of-sync. If Tesla does update the website, then EV-CPO should be able to catch the change about once per day. So it is possible that they stripped FSD and updated their website, and you saw it on EV-CPO before the site had a chance to notice the change in configuration.

This pretty much goes for anyone out there -- if you find a car you link, definitely take screen-shots of the car detail page on Tesla.com so you can have actual proof of any options (like FSD or Ludicrous) that Tesla might quietly remove.

• Helpful
Reactions: mongo
I have the options recorded sheet that comes up when you click on the Wheel symbol. Would that be enough to fight with TESLA to get the FSD

Most likely not. They'll just tell you that data from third-party sites is wrong/unreliable. All that shows is that when Tesla first listed the car, and for at least some number of days after you first saw the car, it did have FSD included. But then Tesla stripped FSD from the car by the time you bought it (I'm assuming this is the case). EV-CPO reviews the options for every car at least once per day, but there could be a delay between the time Tesla changes the options on their site (if they do), and when EV-CPO picks it up.

The only way to really twist their are would have been to have a screen shot of their website detail page showing the options.

I love ev-cpo.... I was checking every few hours when looking for an 2016 AP2 X last month.

I recommend that just before you click buy, you save the tesla web page to PDF (just in case). For me the web page said EAP, but after I purchased the car details didn't mention Autopilot at all, I forwarded a copy of the PDF to the sales folks, and they confirmed EAP, hopefully that print out wasn't necessary, but if it helped...

Does ev-cpo have an option to see the history of pricing / feature changes?

• Informative
Reactions: SmartElectric