Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EV-CPO.com CPO Consolidator support thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here's a great example of the problem I'm trying to solve. See the image below. Starting March 7th, the price would go up and down $100 every four hours or so. Why, Tesla, why? Before yesterday, an alert had sent out for every one of those price changes. But now, since it was just bumping up and down $100 (a net zero change in price), no alerts were sent out until the last price change of -$600.

Prior to to March 7th, it shows a more typical $400 or $500 drop every couple of days.

upload_2020-3-10_7-56-36.png

Why not just report when it passes a $500 increment? ie if it drops past 52,000 then 51,500 then 51,000 then 50,500. You don't need to keep a running total of changes and past notifications that way, and ok, if it got first listed at 52,100 and dropped to 51,900 you'd report it, but overall it would be quuite simple and easy for people to understand.

Why not just report when it passes a $500 increment? ie if it drops past 52,000 then 51,500 then 51,000 then 50,500. You don't need to keep a running total of changes and past notifications that way, and ok, if it got first listed at 52,100 and dropped to 51,900 you'd report it, but overall it would be quuite simple and easy for people to understand.
Using a hard boundary can have the same issue as the original setup, just at less price points:
Produces 3 updates, but shift it up $200, and it produces zero updates.

Pretty much what mongo said. If the price changes $100 up and down 10 times between 59,990 and 60,090, that would have triggered 10 alerts under the original method as well as the "round $500 increment" method for only a +/-$100 change in price (or even a net $0 change in price if it ends on $59,990 which is common). I think people would find that annoying either way, which is why I instituted the "absolute $250 cumulative change" method which triggers an alert ONLY when the price goes up or down $250 (or more), which will generate fewer alerts, but each alert will be more meaningful and useful to people watching the price.

You don't need to keep a running total of changes and past notifications that way,

Also, it was very easy to implement. I only have to store the cumulative change in price as a single dollar value for each car. When the absolute value of the price changes reaches $250, I send alerts out and reset that value to 0 (zero). There's no need to keep track of all the price changes (although I do for the price history graphs), and there's no need to keep track of past notifications. It's a very simple system, it didn't take long to implement, works well, and addresses the problem.

It was just an idea. I thought you were tracking from when people signed up so you'd have o mnaintain a personalised tracker for each person which really could get complicated.

When I've seen price fluctuations like that its sometimes been a server replication issue on the their side where an update gets posted but takes time to appear everywhere. if you hit servers frequently, especially through proxy servers which can appear elsewhere to them, you sometimes get to see the noise and I can understand why you'd want to dampen that down from triggering emails each time, but looking at that data you've got $100 jitter over days which is just crazy on their part really.

Reactions: EV-CPO
Thanks for keeping EV-CPO.com and EV-TSLA.com up and running--as we've seen with others (looking at you tezz.la), it can be a challenge keeping the site operational with Tesla's constant changes.

Just a quick note regarding a bug report on ev-tsla.com: the "state" filter is defective for at least one location--Illinois, specifically here:

Tesla, 420 Olympia Dr, Bloomington, IL 61704

I searched for MC Red MS's and found some of interest, and then I thought I'd search for the same color but just in Illinois (I may be there and likely need to buy a car). This car was in the initial search, and then disappeared when I limited the search to Illinois (with no other changes); very odd:

I've checked this a few times today, with the same result each time.

Thanks, again!

Thanks for keeping EV-CPO.com and EV-TSLA.com up and running--as we've seen with others (looking at you tezz.la), it can be a challenge keeping the site operational with Tesla's constant changes.

Just a quick note regarding a bug report on ev-tsla.com: the "state" filter is defective for at least one location--Illinois, specifically here:

Tesla, 420 Olympia Dr, Bloomington, IL 61704

I searched for MC Red MS's and found some of interest, and then I thought I'd search for the same color but just in Illinois (I may be there and likely need to buy a car). This car was in the initial search, and then disappeared when I limited the search to Illinois (with no other changes); very odd:

I've checked this a few times today, with the same result each time.

Thanks, again!

Ok, thanks. Somehow that location had been tagged as being in CA and not IL. Now fixed.

The new EV-TSLA.com - Global Inventory Search is really great. Clean and less clutter!

I suggest adding one more filter for Model X: Seat selection (5 6 or 7)

Thanks for your feedback. If you want all cars with 5,6 or 7 seats, just leave all those checkboxes blank. That's basically asking for all Model Xs that fit your other criteria, so you don't need to select those options.

Thanks for your feedback. If you want all cars with 5,6 or 7 seats, just leave all those checkboxes blank. That's basically asking for all Model Xs that fit your other criteria, so you don't need to select those options.
Just to be clear, I meant the option to select one of the seat configurations. e.g. say I'm only searching for 7 seaters, or a combo 7 and 6 seaters. Quite useful search criteria for plenty of folks

Just to be clear, I meant the option to select one of the seat configurations. e.g. say I'm only searching for 7 seaters, or a combo 7 and 6 seaters. Quite useful search criteria for plenty of folks

Ok, I see what you're saying. Right now those options are AND-ed together, not OR, so you'd have to do separate searches for 6 seats and 7 seats if you're looking for either configuration.

I'll see if I can find a way to specific several seating options. From my experience, most people are looking for a specific 5,6, or 7 seat config.

Ok, I see what you're saying. Right now those options are AND-ed together, not OR, so you'd have to do separate searches for 6 seats and 7 seats if you're looking for either configuration.

I'll see if I can find a way to specific several seating options. From my experience, most people are looking for a specific 5,6, or 7 seat config.
Even a single selection to begin with should be fine. Unless I'm not looking well, I couldn't find it on EV-TSLA. EV-CPO does have it and it's great but my suggestion was for EV-TSLA.
Great work keeping these up btw!

If I search for a new MX in the US state of Georgia I find a number of vehicles shown as located in "Birmingham-CFR-Industrial Dr". An example is VIN 5YJXCBE28LF261779 which is also on the Tesla website showing the same location.

I've searched and can't find that Tesla location anywhere in the world (although I suspect it might be in the UK).
Two questions:
  • Assuming it's not in the state of Georgia could you adjust accordingly?
  • Does anyone know where this Tesla location is?