Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EV-CPO.com CPO Consolidator support thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hank, FYI there are now many duplicate new inventory entries now showing on ev-cpo, identified as two lines where one has an actual VIN and the other with a URL link that bears no relation to the VIN. Pick any two with identical miles, prices and locations. For example, 363785, f0349d are the same Model S car but have 2 separate entries. 362171 and c0b9f1 are another identical pair. This appears to inflate the total inventory available, and applies across all model lines. You may want to investigate.

Hank, FYI there are now many duplicate new inventory entries now showing on ev-cpo, identified as two lines where one has an actual VIN and the other with a URL link that bears no relation to the VIN. Pick any two with identical miles, prices and locations. For example, 363785, f0349d are the same Model S car but have 2 separate entries. 362171 and c0b9f1 are another identical pair. This appears to inflate the total inventory available, and applies across all model lines. You may want to investigate.

Yes, I'm well aware of the situation, but right now, there's now way to solve it reliably. As you may have noticed, for Inventory cars, Tesla is now not displaying or including the actual VIN of the car, but rather a hash of the VIN. Because of that, there's no reliable way to match up the same car listed with the old VIN and the new hashed VIN, they appear as two separate cars. There are some clues in the data that will allow it, but it's a complicated process which I haven't had time to write the code for in the last 40 hours since they changed the listing protocol Friday morning. For instance, even if I match up cars with the same Price, Mileage, Color, and Interior, there are still many duplicates, so it's not possible to tell which cars match for which records to delete the dups. I have found a way to better match the cars to the records, but like I said, it's complex. I may try to write the code to fix it tomorrow, but frankly, I have other more pressing matters to deal with, as do most people. I also could do it manually, but there are thousands of records to review, and that would take days to resolve one at at time. I'm not doing that.

Once the duplicate cars/listings are sold, then they'll naturally drop out of the listings leaving only the hashed VINs listed.

In the mean time, as I've always maintained, nobody should ever look at the number of cars listed on EV-CPO as an indicator of the total inventory available.

Looks like Tesla is changing the hash every two days, creating even more duplicates.

It really puzzles me why they're making it so hard for us to HELP THEM SELL MORE CARS. There's clearly a deep, deep need for services like EV-CPO that Tesla.com simply can not deliver. So why fight us like this?

Tesla -- if you are listening (and I know you are) -- YOU ARE ONLY HURTING YOURSELVES with these intentional and aggressive changes. I've tried many many times to find a way to work together, but my requests always go unanswered. If you would like to find a way to work together and sell MORE CARS, you know where to find me.

Maybe they have some new folks running the website and they want to do it their way.

And yes, I have worked with screen scraping tools in a previous life from both sides.
Sometimes it was amusing when you changed a screen and suddenly found some vendor who is affected. Of course the vendor/business unit never told you they were using it :)
I recall informing them that we could setup an API but they would have to pay something for that and suddenly they would prefer to change their screenscraping application.

And yes Tesla should setup an API and and work out a fee structure if they dont really want to sell used cars.

For used/CPO cars, the discount is the difference between the current price and the price the car was first listed at.

For new cars, it's the 'showroom discount' supplied by Tesla and is already reflected in the listed price.

Thanks for your prompt reply! -

Just to be sure: so for used/ CPO cars that discount is just indicative of the story of that listing, so is also of course reflected in the listed price, correct?
So what does a large discount indicate? - that the car has been sitting too long, they want to move it, or it once carried a premium but lost it because .. a new model came out at a low enough price to justify lowering that listed price, or ... or ..

Yes, the discounts are always reflected in the price, new or used.

If there's a few used cars with a really large discount, it's possible it was originally listed as a new car (and a new car price), was sold, and then appeared again two+ years later as a used car. In that case, the system doesn't separate out the two price histories.

For any more specifics, please post VINs. Thanks.

Thanks!
So for this one 2017 Model S | Tesla listed in the S series with AP 2.5 or 3.0 listed near the top in lowest price ranking, what does the substantial $8,000 discount mean ?

In that case, the car has been discounted $8000 since it was first listed in March. When viewing cars, click on the "$" icon in the middle to view the price history and chart, like below:

upload_2020-4-20_20-54-51.png