Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EV-CPO.com CPO Consolidator support thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry folks, I was working on a big project this weekend.

For premium subscribers, is there any way to set up alerts for cars with > $0 discount?
Looks like the Discount column doesn't actually work anyway, shows 0 on cars with a clear discount

I will look into adding a filter for non-zero discount, but Tesla hasn't offered a showroom discount on New/Inventory cars in a while.

"error loading data from server sorry for the inconvenience" message keeps appearing in my chrome browser, preventing me from using the website. Just me?

I'm not seeing any problems or issues on this end, try refreshing the page. If the problem persists, you might have an extension blocking some components of the site. Try it in incognito mode.

When I clicked on the gear icon for several Model S, I get a mostly blank pop up.

It's not blank, it's just off the left side of the screen, an obvious bug I'll fix later today. Thanks. Fixed.

The archived data for Canada has disappeared, but for 1 car.

I'm not seeing this at all. Can you try again or send a screenshot?

Looks like the Discount column doesn't actually work anyway, shows 0 on cars with a clear discount
It may also be a misunderstanding on what "discount" means on ev-cpo.

I believe the discount ev-cpo shows is the discount since the car was first listed/seen and not necessarily the discount to the Tesla list price. The advantages of this is it works on new and used cars as prices change all the time. The only downside is if a car is first listed with a Tesla discount to list already applied, say a demonstrator, the discount on ev-cpo will still start at 0 and reflect the changes to this starting price not the list price.

I've seen other inventory sites do it differently, showing the discount to list, but they can't show the price change on used cars as they have no meaningful reference and you can't easily see how much the price has changed while its been listed. Pro's and con's of both I guess

Happy to be corrected if I've misunderstood

It may also be a misunderstanding on what "discount" means on ev-cpo.

I believe the discount ev-cpo shows is the discount since the car was first listed/seen and not necessarily the discount to the Tesla list price. The advantages of this is it works on new and used cars as prices change all the time. The only downside is if a car is first listed with a Tesla discount to list already applied, say a demonstrator, the discount on ev-cpo will still start at 0 and reflect the changes to this starting price not the list price.

I've seen other inventory sites do it differently, showing the discount to list, but they can't show the price change on used cars as they have no meaningful reference and you can't easily see how much the price has changed while its been listed. Pro's and con's of both I guess

Happy to be corrected if I've misunderstood

What you describe is only for used cars on EV-CPO.

For new/inventory cars the discount listed is the showroom discount provided by Tesla in the data stream.

For used cars there is no discount provided from Tesla so EV-CPO calculates the difference from when the car was first listed for sale.

Thanks for clarifying. From what I've seen, even for cars that are new and clearly discounted from list, I've only seen 0 in the discount column (at least for Model 3). I've set up a few crude price/option filters to notify me when a car comes up that seems discounted.

Hi! Prospective P100D buyer here on a free trial to EV-CPO. Amazing tool! Am I able to view archived P100D listings under a trial or does it require paid?

Thanks for your feedback! Yes, due to too many commercial entities abusing the free trial, a paid subscription is now required to view the Performance cars in the archive. Good luck in your search. Thanks for your support.

Sorry folks, I was working on a big project this weekend.

I will look into adding a filter for non-zero discount, but Tesla hasn't offered a showroom discount on New/Inventory cars in a while.

I'm not seeing any problems or issues on this end, try refreshing the page. If the problem persists, you might have an extension blocking some components of the site. Try it in incognito mode.

It's not blank, it's just off the left side of the screen, an obvious bug I'll fix later today. Thanks. Fixed.

I'm not seeing this at all. Can you try again or send a screenshot?
I'm a moron...i had it filtered for ap3.0 cars. In other news bought another car from tesla seconds after getting a warning from your site. Membership money well spent.

Hi I'm fairly new to the tool but looks great so far. I'm in the market for a used Model X and I was wondering if the "Coming Soon Lease Returns" option is still working? It's currently not showing any cars either X or S.

Hello Thomas, welcome to TMC and thanks for your comments.

The "coming soon lease returns" was something Tesla tried about two years ago. Their objective was to sell lease returns before they were turned in, so essentially no inventory holding costs. But it didn't last more than about a month, so I assume it didn't work as well as they intended.

Good luck in your search.

Can you explain something from your nomenclature?
I search only for clean title cars but some will come up with location like "Newburgh-Manheim New York REFURB"
What does this mean? was the car refurbished or fixed from accident?

Thank you so very much, your site is an AMAZING RESOURCE
Lee

Can you explain something from your nomenclature?
I search only for clean title cars but some will come up with location like "Newburgh-Manheim New York REFURB"
What does this mean? was the car refurbished or fixed from accident?

Thank you so very much, your site is an AMAZING RESOURCE
Lee
Hi Lee,
Thanks for your comments.

The "REFURB" is not my nomenclature, it's Tesla's. About 20 of their locations or "hubs" where cars are located have this suffix "REFURB" on them (as originally sourced in their data).

I do not think the location description has anything to do with any particular car, but instead is an attribute of the location itself (like that's a location where refurbishments take place). But that's just a guess, I really don't know for sure.

Re this Model S - VIN 5YJSA1E10HF231314 I was looking up recently
EV-CPO.com CPO Consolidator support thread
How come the price suddenly went back UP, like $10,000 ? Looks like it happened to all cars on that page ... Is this because there is a shortage of even new Model S being built re Fremont being closed?
i-BVDcJk6.jpg

I can't find an option to specifically search for 7 seat Model S. I know the rear jumper seats where an option. But it's the biggest option beyond being a 85kwh pack.

Am I missing the option in the drop downs or is it just something that can't be searched with available information from tesla stores?

I can't find an option to specifically search for 7 seat Model S. I know the rear jumper seats where an option. But it's the biggest option beyond being a 85kwh pack.
Am I missing the option in the drop downs or is it just something that can't be searched with available information from tesla stores?

It was not an option called "7 Seat Model S" (like the Model X has).

It's a separate option "Rear Facing Seats" (see below). It's relatively straightforward to have the RFS retrofitted after the fact in a car without the RFS option.

Also, most people don't find the RFS that useful. They only support kids up to 80 pounds, and there's no ventilation back there in the summer or winter, so they're good for short trips, but not long ones. A few people have rigged up ventilation back there, but it's not elegant. If you really need 7 seats like that, consider Model X.

upload_2020-5-30_19-36-55.png

It was not an option called "7 Seat Model S" (like the Model X has).

It's a separate option "Rear Facing Seats" (see below). It's relatively straightforward to have the RFS retrofitted after the fact in a car without the RFS option.

Also, most people don't find the RFS that useful. They only support kids up to 80 pounds, and there's no ventilation back there in the summer or winter, so they're good for short trips, but not long ones. A few people have rigged up ventilation back there, but it's not elegant. If you really need 7 seats like that, consider Model X.

View attachment 546320

Thank you, I can't beleive I missed that. I want the option and fully understand the ventilation issues. I would never put my child back there for anything but a short trip but want the option as it's cool. I have a mini van if I "needed" more seats.