Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EV Credit next year - Delay Delivery Until next year or Take Delivery this year

If DeliveryDate falls this year, will you delay delivery to get EV credit or get your car this year?

• Total voters

dfiz1

Aug 8, 2021
Chicago, il

MY-user

MYLR, 5s, OD9/10, received on Nov. 29.
Sep 15, 2021
Colorado

dfiz1

Aug 8, 2021
Chicago, il
As it stands now it's only a proposal to eliminate 200k cap.
Yes, exactly, thanks for calling that out - eliminating the cap is a part of the proposals from both the House and the Senate, which means that Tesla will once again be eligible to receive the point of sale credit. The only difference between what Tesla (or Toyota, VW, Hyundai, Nissan) would receive vs. those that have an Unionized workforce is in the total amount. $8k is 12%+ of the total cost of a MYLR = pretty significant, IMO. I don't see how the proposals are excluding Tesla, is my point. The debate lies on whether you agree with unionized automakers getting a larger credit, which is a separate (and political) issue.

Reactions: MY-user

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC