Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EV.energy issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

m3gt2

Sep 14, 2015
england
Hi all, after having my 3 phase meter fitted I finally got it paired with the EV.energy app. The app is set as being on the Go tariff and last night I tried it for the first time. Unfortunately it started charging before 00.30 even though it would easily complete charging in the 4 hours! Have I set something up incorrectly? The car is set to start at 00.30 and was plugged in at about 16.00 for the night. Thanks

Attachments

• 6D90DA48-EA21-4F66-B8B1-B34492C57412.jpeg
    6D90DA48-EA21-4F66-B8B1-B34492C57412.jpeg
    445.8 KB · Views: 87
  • E32041D3-704F-4F23-ADBB-21951A49A073.png
    E32041D3-704F-4F23-ADBB-21951A49A073.png
    230.8 KB · Views: 65
Sorry, don't know the answer...

But very interested in your 3 phase meter set up... did Octopus Energy install it? .... and did you have any problems setting it all up on Octopus Go Tariff?
Thanks for replying. No I had a local installer fit a zappi. Go works just the same, unit price and standing charge was carried over from the single phase meter.

Unfortunately it started charging before 00.30 even though it would easily complete charging in the 4 hours! Have I set something up incorrectly? The car is set to start at 00.30 and was plugged in at about 16.00 for the night. Thanks

Just guessing here, but seeing that your charging started an hour earlier than expected, have you checked the time zones are set correctly. Maybe your app or charger is set to a one hour offset from GMT.

Hi all, after having my 3 phase meter fitted I finally got it paired with the EV.energy app. The app is set as being on the Go tariff and last night I tried it for the first time. Unfortunately it started charging before 00.30 even though it would easily complete charging in the 4 hours! Have I set something up incorrectly? The car is set to start at 00.30 and was plugged in at about 16.00 for the night. Thanks
Did you set this up just yesterday? ev.energy, along with Octopus, and thousands of individual users were hit by Tesla's mass token revocation that occurred in the early hours of the 12th that blocked their access to the API. I know Octopus have just applied their fix and I assume ev.energy will have too, or will do in due course.

Thanks for replying. No I had a local installer fit a zappi. Go works just the same, unit price and standing charge was carried over from the single phase meter.

Sorry, I meant the 3 phase meter... did Octopus Energy fit your 3 phase meter?

So that it delivers 30 minute charges at Octopus Go rates...

I ask because I've got 3 phase cabling to the house, but only one phase is connected at the moment through a single phase meter

I like the EV.Energy app as it talks to the car rather than a charger. So I have the car set to schedule charging at 1am, just in case it decides to take control and then use EV.Energy to do the 00:30 to 04:30 window. It all seems to work until the car insists on preconditioning and it ends up doing that on expensive electricity. I'm still working on that one.

Reactions: m3gt2
Sorry, I meant the 3 phase meter... did Octopus Energy fit your 3 phase meter?

So that it delivers 30 minute charges at Octopus Go rates...

I ask because I've got 3 phase cabling to the house, but only one phase is connected at the moment through a single phase meter
That is how our house was and octopus told me to get the existing supplier to change the meter but they didn't offer a smart 3 phase so I swapped to octopus and requested a swap which was completed in a month or so. Not sure if it depends on the area you live in though as they did say it's a new thing for them and being in Leicestershire where Octopus are based may mean they tried their local area first?

I like the EV.Energy app as it talks to the car rather than a charger. So I have the car set to schedule charging at 1am, just in case it decides to take control and then use EV.Energy to do the 00:30 to 04:30 window. It all seems to work until the car insists on preconditioning and it ends up doing that on expensive electricity. I'm still working on that one.
Thanks, not sure if it was a one off issue, tried again last night and it started at 00.30, only thing I'm not sure yet is if it will fully charge it even using more than 4 hours which is how I want it to work as, ironically, it finished at 04.30 on my 90% limit!

Thanks, not sure if it was a one off issue, tried again last night and it started at 00.30, only thing I'm not sure yet is if it will fully charge it even using more than 4 hours which is how I want it to work as, ironically, it finished at 04.30 on my 90% limit!
It doesn't go outside the window if you use the maximum unit cost. I can fill up my weekday usage in 4 hours, but not a weekend driving so for me Monday sees 66% and Tuesday back to 80%. I'm not sure how you can tell it that you want to ignore the cost cap in favour of the charge limit.

I have had a lot of luck emailing their support though, so, if all else fails, email them and ask them?

Reactions: m3gt2