TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

EV-Friendly Hotels and Restaurants (UK)

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by dpeilow, Sep 5, 2010.

1. dpeilow

dpeilow Moderator

I think we should promote EV-friendly businesses wherever possible so here's a thread to post them in.

I stumbled across this hotel and restaurant yesterday just outside Norwich (UK). They offer 32A charging for customers. Funnily enough, it's just a few miles from Hethel and also the Snetterton racing circuit. Maybe a good base for a future track day?

As far as I can see, it's the only one advertising the facility in the entire country...

Sherbourne House, Attleborough

[​IMG]

2. dpeilow

dpeilow Moderator

I came across another hotel that is EV friendly today: The Scarlet Hotel, Cornwall

[​IMG]

These guys have 16A and 32A single phase and 32A three phase (all 'commando' / 60309 connectors). Looks like a really nice hotel, too.

3. dpeilow

dpeilow Moderator

4. dpeilow

dpeilow Moderator

5. evan

evan New Member

#5 evan, Feb 18, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2011
    Acting on a tip-off from a local Tesla owner, we stayed at the Edinburgh Malmaison hotel yesterday, and sure enough there is a 32A 1-phase outlet to the rear, with a 16A adapter plugged into it (and slightly full of water). Still, the power was on and I charged there for a few hours.

attachment.php?attachmentid=1408&d=1298026752.jpg

Here's a google streetview link with the cable visible:

Malmaison Edinburgh, Tower Place, Edinburgh, United Kingdom - Google Maps

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

6. dpeilow

dpeilow Moderator

I recognise that car. Welcome to the site :smile:

Someone should've told the BBC...

7. evan

evan New Member

Thanks David!

8. AndrewBissell

AndrewBissell Member

I offered the BBC's Brian Milligan (by phone) charging in Edinburgh but he wasn't interested as he had no intention of driving the car back. Shame.

9. TRON

TRON Member

Hi dpeilow, would you please be so kind to give me a hint which kind of 32A socket they offer?
    I'm introducing all hotels at Hotels 32A Stromtankstellen - Charge hotels - where you can charge your e-car vehicle, bornes de recharge en hotels, puntos de recarga en hoteles and Electric vehicles charging stations - Chargelocator Platform to be easily accessed by any EV owner for free :)

P.S.: I received my Tesla Roadster at Lotus garage near Norwich on 2011, in the meantime the famous KIT went around the world collecting hotel information to take the fear from anyone to move with EVs also long distances getting rif of gas and pollution ;)

10. sublimaze1

sublimaze1 8Dec2012 / Leeroy Jenkins

Looking for one in Fredericksburg, Texas .... PM me if you know of one. Thanks WJ

11. Raffy.Roma

Raffy.Roma Active Member

@TRON

I don't see Italy in your list. :confused: