Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EV Friendly Hotels/B&B's in Napa-Sonoma Area

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Cottonwood

Roadster#433, Model S#S37
Feb 27, 2009
Colorado
I planning to drive my MS from Colorado to the Bay Area via LA in March, a nice western Supercharger enabled trip. I would like to spend a few days in the Napa-Sonoma area in the middle of that trip before heading back home to Colorado. It would be great to stay at, and give some business to, an EV friendly place. I have already looked on PlugShare and found a few, but was wondering if the California MS owners would make some recommendations.

My perfect spot would be a nice B&B with a great garden, good views, nice breakfasts, friendly owners and an easy to use 14-50. I'm not expecting perfection, but would like to have convenient charging with a few of the other requirements. Let me know if you have some suggestions.

I have stayed at Bardessono in Yountville which is walking distance from Thomas Keller's restaurants & bakery. It is leed platinum certified, with a PV array and electric vehicle charging. I highly recommend staying there. As an additional bonus I found their bike loaning very nice, as the trails through napa are very enjoyable. I called down asking for 2 bikes for my wife and I, thinking we would get some junkers, to my surprise they had 2 carbon fiber mountain bikes waiting of us.

Yountville California Hotel in Napa Valley - Bardessono

If you are looking to charge while sipping/spitting/swishing/downing some wines:
Honig Wineries has a 30A charger, first come first served.
ZD Wineries has a HPWC (some employees own MS's), also first come first served. Speak to one of the employees and they will direct you to where it is (behind the tasting building, away from general parking).

Have fun!

Sorry, I should have updated my results earlier. I ended up staying at the Meadowood Resort. It's a pricey place, but very nice. They have 30A J1772's and a Tesla UMC. Very supportive of EV charging. Here is a picture of two MS's at the resort. That is their UMC between us. They told me that they get a lot of Tesla guests, but I was the first from Colorado...

The Restaurant At Meadowood, Meadowood Lane, Saint Helena, CA - Google Maps

meadowood-2.JPG

Did you dine there? Great Michelin starred (3) restaurant. Glad they were accommodating.

Did not eat in the "3-Star" restaurant; you need to make reservations a week or more ahead of time to get a reasonable reservation time. We did eat at "The Grill" which was very nice.

Accommodating is an understatement. Meadowood is a premium price place to stay, but they go out of their way to provide excellent service, including helping with charging.